Velodyne HGS owners....PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sonnie Parker, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Second Unit

I know we have several HGS owners here in the forum and I got no response to my previous post concerning spikes. I know I haven't said anything to make anyone mad...at least I don't believe I have.

Bottom line, the HGS does not come with spikes or any kind of feet that I am aware of. I have the HGS-15 on order. My floor is carpet over concrete slab. Should I be concerned with spikes or just set the HGS directly on the carpet? I'm concerned that it will move around if I don't use spikes. I have 3 Lovan Focal Points but not sure if 3 will work....this sub is rather heavy.

Any suggestions on what you use is very greatly appreciated.

Many, many, many, many thanks and Merry Christmas...

Let's see, what else...oh yeah, thanks to all those folks who have provided me with a wealth of information thus far ... I know I haven't contributed much but I will as time & knowledge permits.

SP

2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

My 18 never moved an inch. Of course it also depends on how hard you want it to hit. Seriously I would try without spikes first.

PF

3. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

Our Velodyne FSR-18 sits directly on a rug that's over a concrete slab, too. The sub has never moved even slightly.

Happy listening!

4. John H

John H Second Unit

I use a pair of HGS-18's on a carpet covered concrete slab floor.
    No movement at all even at extremely high volumes.
    John

5. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    Same situation HGS-18, carpet over concrete. The sucker weighs over 100 lbs and has not moved one inch! I have it calibrated using Avia to the recommended setting and have played movies at reference volume, including the Pod Race.

Mike

6. Sonnie Parker

Sonnie Parker Second Unit

Thanks fellows, and here's a quote from an earlier post I made in response to a suggestion Kevin Brown gave me: