What's new

Vegetarian recipes? (1 Viewer)

David-S

Second Unit
Hey, my girlfriend is a vegetarian, and often gets frustrated with the lack of choices when dining out, sooo, for Valentine's day, I'm going to try and surprise her with something nice, homecooked, and 'dead animal' free. (She does eat eggs, cheese, and milk products)

Does any body have any good vegetarian recipes? (Or places online to find them?)

Thanks for any help,

dave

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Eggplant parmesan...

If you can't find an online recipe for this, I make it this way:

- cut up an eggplant (or two) into thin slices

- bread and fry the slices (you might want to pat them dry afterwards to remove some of the oil)

- in a casserole dish, spread some tomato sauce

- then alternate layers of:

- fried eggplant

- parmesan cheese (sprinkled)

- tomato sauce

- mozzarella cheese (grated or sliced)

after you've filled up the casserole dish (several layers of the above) cover it with foil and bake it at, oh about 350 or so for about an hour but don't rely on that time exactly. You want the insides to get hot without burning the top so you'll need to keep checking it.

Good luck.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
David,
I know how your girlfriend feels. When I stopped eating meat a little over 10 years ago, I found it pretty difficult at first. These days, it seems much easier to find great stuff to eat both in the grocery store and at restaurants. My tastes have changed quite a bit though, so maybe that's why...I dunno.
I'm not sure what kinds of food you guys like, but you're sure to find something at one of these websites. Some of my favorite recipes have come from these two sites. Good luck; I think what you are doing for your girlfriend is pretty cool. I'm sure she'll appreciate it! :)
http://www.vegweb.com/food/
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks