What's new

"Van Helsing" tin plates in Universal Monster Legacy DVDs (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The initial shipment of Universal Monster Legacy DVDs at Target contain a tin plate (size: 6"x9") of the character as it appears in Van Helsing. They are similar to the ones that were recently offered in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This is the only retailer that seems to be offering these as far as I can tell.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What are they charging for them? I assume these are the same discs that will be in the collection that comes out next week?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Eric: You mean you've seen the separate discs at multiple retailers, and that the plates don't come in ALL the versions of the separate discs you've seen? Why I ask is, like many, I've had the Legacy Collection on pre-order for some time, and *I* would MUCH rather have the metal plates than the figurines. Since the 3 discs purchased separately cost around what the Collection does, you can see where I'm going...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
According to the Round-Up today, it looks like it IS a Target exclusive. But it did list in the paper that it was a limited edition, while quantities last.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Are these only in the individual collections, or do you get all three plates in the "Busts" set?

Update - actually, just visiting the TARGET.com site, it appears that there is only one plate, of Frankenstein's monster. It is pictured with all three of the Legacy collections.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
There is one plate included with each of the individual titles. I don't think most Target B&M's are carrying the boxset with the busts.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks for the info guys, though I'm still confused as to whether there's 3 *different* plates, or just the Frankenstein one that comes with each Legacy disc. Anyway, the Collection shipped yesterday so should be on my doorstep later today, I guess that's what I'm ending up with...the plates are interesting but not as important as the disc content!

Jimmy M

Second Unit
CraigF,

I got the Wolf Man collection today at Target (only one they had left) and it has a Wolf Man tin plate with it.

(I'll trade it to you for the Wolfman bust...:) )

Jimmy!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Jimmy: The Wofman bust is my favorite! Frankenstein is pretty good too. I changed my tune just a short while ago after actually closely inspecting and feeling the busts...they're much nicer than I expected. I'm gonna keep them! :D

MikeDE

Second Unit
Each set at Target has a plate for the monster in the box, so three different ones. They didn't have the box set.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Commonly heard in plastic surgeon's operation follow up meeting? :D

I just ordered the set...can't wait to closely inspect and feel the busts for myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks