What's new

Value Electronics 2021 TV Shootout Evaluation event (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just wanted to give HTF members and visitors an update on few new items:

First, with the constrained supply of the new high demand TVs a few key retailers have raised their prices. Thankfully Sony, and LG are very kind to us so we have a good supply.

Second, I am optimistic for Hisense's new 75" U9DG Dual Cell 4K HDR TV and Hisense has agreed to include our company in the first USA allocation that is due in by the end of next week.

Third, I was just appointed to the video standards committee for the CTA/CEDIA. This is a very serious position and honor for me to be appointed too.

Finally, Sony put me on their "Counsel" to be an advisor.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert, I apologize for the delay in reading about your promotion. Congrats! Quite an honor and well deserved.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had learned a few days ago through @Sam Posten that there would be no attendees allowed to this event.

I haven’t been able to find any official confirmation on this but did receive a reply early this morning from their Facebook page.

This is from Value Electronics:

“For the safety of everyone we're just having the Presenters, Judges and a few YouTube channel owners. The YouTube channel owners will be live webcasting, here's the url for the live webcast…”

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
CD836DFA-B317-46CC-9BEC-8B32B8D1DE45.jpeg

For those of you looking for the results of yesterday's 2021 Shootout Evaluation...

The Sony XR-A90J Master Series OLED TV won "King of 4K TVs" for the year 2021

The LG ZX Signature Series OLED TV won "King of 8K TVs" for the year 2021

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Second, I am optimistic for Hisense's new 75" U9DG Dual Cell 4K HDR TV and Hisense has agreed to include our company in the first USA allocation that is due in by the end of next week.
Robert, I finally looked at the info about the Hisense. That seems like such a more logical approach than the whole mini/micro LED method, and should theoretically beat OLED in several ways. How are the results?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I like Hisense's 75U9DG very much. I did not do as well as I expected at our TV Shootout. The video processing was not as good as the other brands and the judges dinged it hard for the color accuracy not being up the the high standards of the three major brands.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Don’t count them out long term tho. These companies are all following a smart playbook. Get a low cost entry into the market and build towards upscale but short of premium.

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
Thank you Robert for being an amazing host and organizer - unsung heroes are the 2 beautiful ladies next to you in the picture (Wendy and Lianne!) - is it too early to begin planning for next year??

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Thank you FOMO! Your attendance this year has added much value to our TV Shootout and I am so very happy you will now be a part of our planning and you will take on a more active participation in all of our future events.

We usually start planning for the next model year's TV evalueaiton event at CES in early January. Seeing all of the new TVs that launch at CES help me to make preliminary decisions on which new TVs I want to test for possible inclusion in our TV Shootout.

I also have the opportunity to speak directly with the product management and engineers in person for each brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks