What's new

Value Electronics 2022 4K and 8K TV Shootout Evaluation events (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Value Electronics’ 18th annual TV Shootout® Evaluation event will be hosted at the Company building in NYC (across from Grand Central). The 2022 4K TV Shootout will be on Saturday, July 30th from 9 AM to 5 PM and the 8K TV Shootout will be on Sunday, July 31, from 10 AM to 5 PM!

The 2022 flagship 4K and 8K TVs will be competing, with a detailed comparison of all the attributes of picture quality. The winners will be crowned “King of 4K TV®” and “King of 8K TV®”

Here's an article on the 2022 TV Shootout in Dealerscope's online edition.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Other than YouTube's native 8K HDR content we have some native 8K HDR content that one of our Cinematographer judges brings and we show it across the 8K TVs.

We also demonstrate and evaluate the TVs with various native 8K test patterns from Stacey's Spears and Munsil's new 10 bit test discs. Of course we also look at some premium native 4K HDR Blu-ray discs.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, our UST projector Shootout is scheduled for Saturday, September 24th and the long throw projector Shootout will be Sunday, September 25th.
I’ll keep an eye out for Sep 25 long throw projector event details and RSVP. I’m interested in possibly attending.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ll keep an eye out for Sep 25 long throw projector event details and RSVP. I’m interested in possibly attending.
I spoke too soon. I can’t attend that date since I’m taking time off work and traveling later in the week for a niece’s Bat Mitzvah.

Ah well. I’ll have to find another way to get a demo. :)

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Lately I've been getting a lot of calls and emails telling me they heard Sony may, or as some have told me, Sony will likely have another delayed launch date for the A95K Master Series QD OLED TVs.

So just to set the record straight the official launch date for the 55" and 65" A95K is Monday, July 25th.

On June 2nd Sony informed the Diamond Dealers with confirmation of the launch date and we confirmed our A95K allocation is included in Sony's very first allocation/shipment. I immediately finalized our 2022 TV Shootout dates to be July 30-31 and distributed our press release to the media.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savageatyme83
Recent bookmarks