What's new

v.3 Monitor 11 or v.2 Monitor 90P (1 Viewer)

Jon Cheung

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I went to a local audio shop that sells these speakers and I asked to here them. I can say that they both sounded amazingly but I dont know which ones to get. Here is how they both sound. From what I heard, the highs pretty much sounded the same, but there was tonnes more bass in the 90P's then the 11's. The 90P's go for 1600 a pair and the 11's go for 1200. I'm gonna put them in a fairly large room but I dont know which ones to choose. I will be adding a sub to these speakers once I get them. Should I spend the extra 400 for the 90P's or stick with the 11's?

Cooper_B

Agent
Unless you're running your speakers full-range a lot of the time, for stereo listening, I think the money would probably be better spent on the subwoofer. Besides, with that much bass coming from the mains, it is trickier to position the speakers for proper room response.

On the other hand, why pick either speaker if you're getting a good sub? If your receiver hi-passes your mains at 80Hz, then you lose a lot of the benefit of a large floor stander. Again, the exception is if you're running them full range in stereo listening, but then you'd have to either turn the sub off or set a low cross-over point for the sub.

-Cooper

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks