What's new

Using Upcoming Movie Stills In A Sig (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I try and stay away from seeing anything about an upcoming movie before I see it. I plan on seeing Attack of the Clones, but many of the Star Wars fans here to seem to carry stills from the movie in their signiture. Can we refrain from this, guys? Some of us don't spoil the movie for ourselves before it comes out. Thank you :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, I'm not sure my sig gives anything away at all. But if you'd like me to remove it, I will change it.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Well I do enjoy seeing other sigs (yours for example, always makes me wonder the context) but c'est la vie. :)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure Ryan. It could be so I removed it. I changed it to a shot that at least, as it is shown, is not in the film.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Well, my sig picture is just from the trailer that has been played in front of nearly every movie I've gone to see for the last month, so it doesn't really qualify as a spoiler. Still, I hope I haven't offended/annoyed anybody with it. I'm trying to stay spoiler-free myself, so I know how you feel.
:)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, the first of the three's from an animatic for the movie, but even a semi-spoiled person, I know where generally in the film it is, but not it's context.
I don't really think the stills used in sigs so far are too spoiling. If they show new characters, or had Darth Vader reaching out with "'Luke, I am your father!'" in colored text below it, I could see your point.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Obi-Wan wielding a blue light saber is not a spoiler, but I will comply with your wish to remove my signature pic if you consider it spoiler material. :)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that's spoiler material Tom. I think he means an obvious pic from a scene in the movie, where you could tell something from the pic alone. Your's doesn't qualify.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
many of the Star Wars fans here to seem to carry stills from the movie in their signiture. Can we refrain from this, guys? Some of us don't spoil the movie for ourselves before it comes out.
I don't think I've ever seen so many Star Wars sigs in a single thread before!! :)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, what does Paul have? Forgot about that one.
:laugh: Sorry Paul. How could I forget that pic. One of the main dudes in AOTC that has me excited.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Personally I like them. I do think they are a little to large. After reading the forum rules I removed my Spider-Man sig because I felt it was to large.
2. Image size: Keep the size small, horizontally and vertically. Any image taller than about four or five lines of text is too big (give or take).
I assume

they meant

single space

lines average

font size

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks