What's new

Using LCD TV as a Monitor Minor Problem (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all....me again with another problem! Ugh for you all I am sure but this is not too complicated... honest!

I have a Sony KLD-S32A10 32 Inch Widescreen TV which I use as a monitor occiationally. If it matters, I have it hooked up to my Video Card's DVI plug using a 15 foot cable that is VGA (for the TV) on one end, and DVI on the other. The other main plug on the video card is a VGA which goes to my normal CRT PC Monitor.

The problem is Windows will not see my LCD TV in the highest resolution I KNOW it can go, which is 1360 by 768. It only lets me goto 1280 x 769. I have a Geforce 5700 FX and I can uncheck a box in display settings to "show all display rates" (even though ones it doesn't think my LCD can do and in that case it changes to that resolution just fine. The problem is, unchecking that box does not traslation into video games so when I wanna change the res on a game, World of Warcraft for example, it only has the option for the "offical" resolutions I have available in Windows XP.

Now I know for abosulte sure WoW has an option for 1360 x 768 wide mode because when I play on my regular monitor, I have alot more options for video and one of is that one. I have actually switched to this resolution on my main monitor, minimized back to windows and THEN switched displays to my LCD and that does work... it's just a slow and annoying process. I want to do it quicker and easier.

My video card drivers are current. If someone is gonna suggest I look for drivers for my LCD TV... I can't find them. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Almost all video games have a configuration file that you can edit to use custom resolutions. Each game will differ a bit, so a little googling may be in order, but I think that will be the best route to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks