What's new

Used Cambridge 300 cd player...help me (1 Viewer)

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to buy this cd player used for $150 bucks, but before I do it, are their any other models I should be looking at in this price range that are used...or maybe I should buy a new sony for under $150...please help me...I can't decide!!!!!!!!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Chris, would be buying the used Cambridge Audio player by mail? Just be careful about the condition of the player. Can you return it if you not happy with it for any reason?

A used Cambrige Audio D300 will beat the comparably priced new Sony CDP-XE370. There aren't too many other used players to choose from in this price range. You might be able to find a used player from the NAD C 52x series for around that price, but I would not get a C 520. This player is known to be finicky in reading scratched discs.

If you like the Cambridge Audio player, is stepping up to a brand new D300SE out of the question? If memory serves, Audio Advisor (www.audioadvisor.com ; authorized dealer) sells it new for $300.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Chris,

The other player you might want to consider, as KeithH has suggested, is the NAD C521 or 521i. It's an excellent budget player and you should be able to find it used for $150 with no problems--I know as I sold one last year for that price. You might consider posting a Want Ad over on Audiogon.com. Or if you look here:

http://www.qaudio.com/freconditioned.html

You'll find a reconditioned NAD 521i--which is a slightly improved version of the 521--for just $199. I realize this is a little more than you indicated you wanted to spend, but these guys are authorized dealers and you'd get at least a 1-year warranty. What other equipment do you have in your system?

Chris Trot

Stunt Coordinator
I checked out the link you gave me and noticed that they were selling the new unit (NAD C521i) for $299 with free ground shipping and a pair of Grado Sr-60 ($67). I didn't want the headphones, so I contacted Yawa and they said that they would ship me the NAD C521i for $250. It's a good deal for me and I was pleasantly suprised at their costumer service.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Nice one, Chris! I Hope you enjoy the player--let us know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks