What's new

Upgrading projector to 4k and need assistance..... (1 Viewer)

drewster98

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Mumford
I've had my Epson 8350 projector for numerous years and absolutely love it. I'm ready to upgrade to bigger and better things though and have my mind set on the Optoma UHD60. I have to upgrade my receiver obviously for it to take advantage of the 4k signal. The receiver I had my eyes on was the Onkyo TX-RZ920. I don't completely understand if this receiver will work with my setup though. I currently have a 7.2 setup and plan on adding 2 ATMOS speakers. This receiver I'm looking at states that it's 5.2.4 or 7.2.4 with an outboard amp. If I get this receiver will I have to get an external amp for the ATMOS speakers? Or will this receiver run my 7.2.2 setup without an amp???? Please help!!!!

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"Or will this receiver run my 7.2.2 setup without an amp????"

5.2.4 or 7.2.4 with an outboard amp

So there are 11 actual amplified channels - with a 2 channel pre-amp that needs an external amp for the 13 channels needed for the 7.2.4 configuration.

So if you are running a 7.2.2 setup - you will use all 11 amplified channels and not use the pre-amp portion. So you should be good...

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
So there are 11 actual amplified channels - with a 2 channel pre-amp that needs an external amp for the 13 channels needed for the 7.2.4 configuration.

So if you are running a 7.2.2 setup - you will use all 11 amplified channels and not use the pre-amp portion. So you should be good...

The Onkyo TX-RZ920 has only 9 amplifier sections 9.X.X and can support dual subs. The subs X.2.X will generally not require power from the receiver as they should have built-in amps. With that in mind, you can assign the amps in several configurations 5.2.4, 7.2.2, etc. If you decide to go with more than 9 amplified channels, however, you'll need a new receiver or an outboard amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks