What's new

Upgrade Time! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks, Amily. :)

Get this: the old TV started working again last night. And it's still working. It's like it knows it was about to get carted to the dump.

You can't make this stuff up!!!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I actually sat in the bedroom last night trying to figure out a way to fit the old set in. Lucy didn't even object, but I think that's because she KNOWS I'm not that crazy.

Of course, it died again this morning. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
O, happy day, the new set, stand, *and* HDMI cable all showed up on Friday.

I was sad to see the truck drive away with the old set in the back, but after a couple of hours with the new toy, I'd almost forgotten what the old one looked like. :)

And I haven't even run DVE yet!

We are really, really, happy with the 65HM167. And as an added bonus, the electricity went out Saturday night, and the new UPS performed like a champ!

The PS3 is great too. It does a really nice job with SD DVDs. Not to mention PS2 games -- ATV Offroad Fury 2 was like a whole new game. And the PS3 games -- wow. (Bonus tip: John Woo's Stranglehold is a blast!)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
1-month report: I miss PIP with all the sports on these days, and the SSE makes me a little nuts sometimes when there's a lot of bright white on the screen, but aside from that, the set is just magnificent.

Which reminds me. . .I *still* haven't run DVE! (Although I did go through the basic THX calibration steps on a Disney DVD.) Maybe running it'll cut down on the SSE.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
PiP was the reason I spent the extra to go from my Panny plasma (the 60U series to the 600U series), and it was money well spent. I had PiP on my old RPTV (HD 1080i), and was used to have PiP, so that was one of my buying requisites. Nothing better than to being able to keep tabs on 2 NFL games if I so choose via PiP.

I know I drone on about SSE, so the less said the better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks