What's new

UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE-----SUMMER OF 42 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I couldn't agree more. I saw Up the Down Staircase several times during its theatrical release because I had read the book and was such a fan of it. After seeing the movie, I could never read the book and not picture those fantastic actors in those parts. The movie was pretty perfectly cast, I think.

The current DVD is a pretty dirty transfer and will need some work that Warners may not want to pay for, but I certainly would love to have this in pristine condition.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I couldn't agree more. I saw Up the Down Staircase several times during its theatrical release because I had read the book and was such a fan of it. After seeing the movie, I could never read the book and not picture those fantastic actors in those parts. The movie was pretty perfectly cast, I think.

The current DVD is a pretty dirty transfer and will need some work that Warners may not want to pay for, but I certainly would love to have this in pristine condition.

There's even a pre-"Oh, Awrchie!" Jean Stapleton in a straight role. Good flick, and one of Dennis' better performances. There's a really decent HD master out there, but so far no rumors of a Blu-ray release.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks