Unstable Digital Signal

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Juan*A, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Juan*A

Juan*A Auditioning

I recently bought a Kenwood Home Theater package that came with a VR-615 receiver. A week later I purchased an optical cable on eBay that I have connected to my PS2, which I use as my primary DVD player. About a week ago I began to have problems with my receiver reading digital signals. The sound will randomly flicker on and off. I thought it was my receiver's auto detect function so I switched to detect only digital feeds but I've still had the same problem. Can anyone help? Is the problem n my optical cable, player or receiver? The entire system is just over a month old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Check to make sure the cable doesn't have a kink. You can't bend them or they don't work well.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

If it's not a loose connector, then it sounds like a bad cable. just get another one but try locally..best buy...shack...EB.

4. Juan*A

Juan*A Auditioning

I checked the cable for kinks and found none. I guess a new cable is what I need. Thanks for the advice everyone.

5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Sometimes if the cable is not situated in the jack quite right, sound dropouts can occur. You may just need to wiggle the cable around a bit on both ends.