What's new

Unstable Digital Signal (1 Viewer)

Juan*A

Auditioning
I recently bought a Kenwood Home Theater package that came with a VR-615 receiver. A week later I purchased an optical cable on eBay that I have connected to my PS2, which I use as my primary DVD player. About a week ago I began to have problems with my receiver reading digital signals. The sound will randomly flicker on and off. I thought it was my receiver's auto detect function so I switched to detect only digital feeds but I've still had the same problem. Can anyone help? Is the problem n my optical cable, player or receiver? The entire system is just over a month old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Check to make sure the cable doesn't have a kink. You can't bend them or they don't work well.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If it's not a loose connector, then it sounds like a bad cable. just get another one but try locally..best buy...shack...EB.

Juan*A

Auditioning
I checked the cable for kinks and found none. I guess a new cable is what I need. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Sometimes if the cable is not situated in the jack quite right, sound dropouts can occur. You may just need to wiggle the cable around a bit on both ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks