What's new

Unshielded speakers and TV (1 Viewer)

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
When unshielded speakers/subs are too close to the TV, are colors and shapes distorted? Or just colors?

I need a quick answer, I think my eyes may be deceiving me....

Thanks!

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
When I had to deal with this, I know there was color distortion to a significant degree. I'm not sure there was any picture or shapes that were distorted...though the color distortion was pretty wild and might have tricked me into thinking the picture was distorted when it was only the colors.
A quick test would be to move the suspected speaker/culprit away from the TV and see what effect that has :) .
Good Luck,
--Steve

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Steve, thanks for the quick reply.
Here's the situation, I put a blue screen up and don't see any discoloration. But when I put up the on screen 'TV guide' I see some lines that look crooked and I can't remember if they usually look that way. :frowning:
Anyone else?
Thanks!

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Nathan,
This had me going for a while as well... I recently bought a 27" Panasonic flat screen and was more critical with the picture quality than I had ever been. Unfortunately, my old Sony XBR died so I had no comparison. Initially, I thought I may have moved my bookshelf speakers too close to the Panasonic and it may have affected the picture. Paranoia began to set in until I checked a small 13" Toshiba, and I saw the same little anomalies that were on the Panasonic... I chalked it up to poor digital cable signal. If you have another TV, do a sanity check against it, or try a DVD disk.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
The short answer is...it can affect both color and shape. I think the stronger the magnetic field the more aspects of the TV it effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks