What's new

UNIVERSAL-You need to release these films as huge special editions! (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Universal, you own some brilliant horror films that you should release as all-out special editions. Here are the ones that I desperately want:
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness
Duel
John Carpenter's They Live
The Funhouse
The Frighteners
Videodrome
Phantasm 2 and 3
Halloween 3
The Serpent and the Rainbow
I want special editions of these films very much. Prince of Darkness is tied with The Thing for my absolute favorite Carpenter film, and I want loads of extras unlike the Image DVD which didn't have any. They Live is another Carpenter great that deserves a special edition. Duel is Steven Spielberg's very first film and is one helluva great horror film that deserves a major special edition. The Funhouse is another favorite that deserves a special edition, and so are The Frighteners, Videodrome, Halloween 3, Phantasm 2 & 3, and The Serpent and the Rainbow. All of these are major favorites of mine and I know that several other horror fans probably agree with me. Release these as special edition DVDs PLEASE!!!

Will K

Screenwriter
With the exception of Duel, I'm a fan of all of those. My bare bones DVD's of these look great, but I'm with you on wanting SE's. I, for one, would love to hear John Carpentar commentary on They Live and Prince Of Darkness.
------------------
UNCUTBANNER.JPG

My DVD Collection

Tomm_K

Auditioning
I'm in for S.E. dvds of all of them since they are all good movies including Duel. I have never really seen the whole thing of The Funhouse though.

Rob L

Grip
I would like a SE of Th Frighteners.
Don't know about the others because I can't remember if I saw them.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I too want the SE of Frighteners real bad.
The Frighteners SE petition now has almost 900 signatures. I think this shows a lot of support for this title and I sure hope Universal will pay attention. We want the extended cut of the film with the wonderful commentary by PJ and the full, uncut documentary.
------------------
Sign the petition to Universal to release Link Removed

Matt Richard

Auditioning
All of those titles In would purchase, and I know at least six friends that would buy them too.
"Die you brainless mother&@(*@^)$" Desolation Williams

Tomm_K

Auditioning
oh yeah and this is VERY important.
Universal: If you do release a S.E. of The Frighteners. Include ALL of the extras on the LD including the complete documentary. DON'T cut it down like you did with the Jaws docu.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm bumping this thread up. Come on Universal! Do these excellent films justice on DVD! There is definitely a demand for them.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Definitely release special editions of John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and They Live. What about a special edition also of Wes Craven's People Under the Stairs? I love this movie and would definitely buy it in a special edition.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, just about forgot. Wes Craven's Serpent and the Rainbow would make a great special edition disc as well. Wes Craven and Bill Pullman commentary would be awesome.

Paul_L

Grip
What about Wes Craven's PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS?
How about a nice 16 x 9 (no SE or extra features needed, well ok maybe the trailer and some production notes)
One that always liked, but never get to see enough

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely add The Serpent and the Rainbow to my original list. It needs a special edition as well. Release these films!!!

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
John Carpenter indicated in an interview last month that new Special Edition DVD's of THEY LIVE and PRINCE OF DARKNESS could be coming. The rights recently reverted from Image back to Universal, and he said they had been discussing the idea with him of doing them up as S.E's. Carpenter said that if they asked him to do new commentaries, he would happily oblige.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
An SE of Dazed & Confused w/ commentary by Richard Linkletter, seperate commentary by cast members, and over two hours of deleted scenes.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, that is great news! Thanks for that info. Now if only Universal would consider doing special editions of the other films I requested.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Universal, how about Special Editions of some of your Classic Titles.
1-"Sweet Charity"
2-"Flower Drum Song"
3-"Thoroughly Modern Millie"
4-"Winchester 73"
5-"The Incredible Shrinking Man"
6-"The Best little Whorehouse in Texas"
7-"High Plains Drifter"
and any of the Anthony Mann/James Stewart Westerns.
------------------

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
After Goodtimes went under, Universal plans to release most of those DVD's again. *such as Halloween 2 SE)
Hopefully the Funhouse will get a SE re-release. :)
The Frighteners was a big cult movie now, and I love it, I was holding out on the DVD because I heard about a supposed SE coming out on DVD but never saw it. Where is that petition.. I'll sign it. Last I heard Universaw was planning it.
The People Under the Stairs is a wonderful film. I heard that Universal it putting that out this year. I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks