Universal Does it Again w/ The Hulk

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Shane_M, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

Like most people I know here in town we all ran out to pick up The Hulk at our local retailer, being Wal-Mart or Zellers. Widescreen copies were bought, however, what was inside was not the widescreen edition, but the full screen edition.

When I went back to the store there was nothing they could do because apparently their whole shipment was tainted. Anyone else run across this?

2. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

Customers SMASH!!!

I would be so pissed. I go to a lot of trouble to get Widesceeen, and I am teaching my young son the benefits of OAR.

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Fortunately, my discs were widescreen. Unfortunately, Universal HAS done it again. Forced trailers suck.

4. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

My set was fine. That would be a pain, though, since we specifically look for widescreen and buy it for a reason. Imagine the common public, who doesn't really care and just accepts it.

5. Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot Supporting Actor

Do you think this is a way to push foolscreen(4:3) on to people? It doesn't make sense to me. I have heard arguments that the make foolscreen(4:3) to make money, many people don't understand Widescreen and wouldn't buy it, but in this case people are buying WS. And doesn't it cost more money to produce a 4:3 version of a WS movie?

6. WillG

WillG Producer

7. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I was at my local Wal-Mart last night. (No, not to buy DVD's....I don't buy 'em there.)

They had signs up at all their registers saying this:

8. WillG

WillG Producer

9. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

Forced trailers = no sale.

Universal, are you listening? I sure hope your new regime does.

-Lyle J.P.

10. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

11. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

You know, it's sad, but I've gotten to a point where I purposely won't buy any Universal discs until a few months have gone by so I can make sure there aren't any widespread defects with their discs. After the BTTF snafu, this was a decision I had to make. Despite this self-imposed waiting period, I wound up having to exchange the Director's Edition of "Red Dragon" three times because the bonus disc was defective. Does Universal not have a quality control department or something? First the Jurassic Park films, then the BTTF box set, and now this? I wasn't going to buy "The Hulk" anyway (I didn't care for the film), but even if I was, I'd like to know that I was getting a defect-free disc!

12. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

The Hulk DVD that I purchased worked just fine. However, the Director's Edition of Red Dragon I bought did have the PAN-AND-SCAN version in it. I quickly returned it and exchanged it for a widescreen copy.

13. EricSunde

EricSunde Stunt Coordinator

I bought mine at Wal-Mart on Tuesday, and it had the widescreen disc inside the widescreen box. I guess I must have been lucky.

14. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

Did your movies come with an insert?

15. Eric Eash

Eric Eash Second Unit

i just made a custom insert for the hulk and it should be up on www.dvdcoverart.com shortly. but, to get it for free, go toHulk Insert

i hope you guys like it, let me know any suggestions.

eric