What's new

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Volume 2 (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
uni-4k.png

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
All the existing BD are already 3D so I'm guessing they'll just use the existing BD. Why reauthor it to remove what's already there.

Re-doing the disc or inventing a new format that doesn't exist would probably be asking too much
I Hope you're right, with many releases from some studios you just have to lower your expectations...if it comes through, delivering what you wanted it's a pleasent surprise and not a major disappointment :dance:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I rather see "Son of Frankenstein" instead of Phantom in this box set. No pun intended.
Or Dracula's Daughter. Both deserve to be far closer to the "pantheon" than they are and would fit the set better.
You guys are naming the top tier stuff- I'd vastly prefer The Mummy sequels to The Phantom Of The Opera. :laugh:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Based on viewings of the first 4K set, do these old classics really benefit from this format, or is this set and others like it just another massive effort on the part of studios to sell their catalog to collectors for the fifth or sixth time goddamn time?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on viewings of the first 4K set, do these old classics really benefit from this format, or is this set and others like it just another massive effort on the part of studios to sell their catalog to collectors for the fifth or sixth time goddamn time?
They're a significant benefit on my OLEDs.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I have a different opinion than Robert. While I see an improvement in most of the four titles, on my 65" LG OLED panel I find it to be incremental rather than significant. Also, 4K Dracula in particular is noticeably darker than its 1080p counterpart.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have a different opinion than Robert. While I see an improvement on most of the titles, on my 65" LG OLED panel I find it to be incremental rather than significant. Also, 4K Dracula in particular is noticeably darker than its 1080p counterpart.
I guess that means you're not buying this next 4K boxset?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I guess that means you're not buying this next 4K boxset?
That all depends on how I allocate my disc purchasing budget when it's released, and what the reviews are like. I'll probably wait until the price comes down before pulling the trigger, but I'll get it eventually. An incremental improvement is an improvement nonetheless. :) Heck, you can pick up the first volume for right around $37 shipped from Gruv with their 20% off coupon. I'll bite at that price point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks