What's new
World Wide Stereo

(un)Official Meeting Place for Cincinnati HTF Members (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Sure glad our HTF Meet wasn't this weekend.

Old Man Winter is causing havoc on travelers around southwestern Ohio this weekend!!

Next Saturday will be fine, I'm sure!!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Weather forecast isn't lookin' too great for Saturday, even though forecasts going that far usually aren't accurate...:)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, all the stations seem to have moved to a "7 Day Forecast" model, even though they have trouble predicting what will happen even one day in advance. It's a joke. Most weather forecasts are only semi-accurate at any given time.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Yeah:

I need a job where I can be wrong daily and everyone doesn't care as long as I look good when telling the forecast.

Mike

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I think the group tring to revitalize downtown falls under that general job description as well. :D
I waited too long to purchase tickets for the concert, and it sold out. Who would have thought that Toad The Wet Sprocket still has such a following? I'm available for the meet as a result, and I've already cleared attendance, directions, etc. with Alan. Weather pending, I'll see everyone on Saturday!
What's the agenda?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
The first Cincinnati HTF Meet will be on Feb. 22nd!!!
Let's all look to the heavens and say, "Don't Snow Anymore!!". This Meet will happen this Saturday, Old Man Winter go away!!

Some of the things I'd like to share with all of you:
*My system, how it evolved, how it is set up
*Open discussion about HT as it is now and in the future
*Review Avia DVD capabilities
*Share pictures and results of recent ISF calibration by Gregg Loewen
*Demo HD and DVD's (please bring your favorite DVD's and CD's)
*Demo sound system
*Compare Mike's Studio 40's along side my Monitor 7's

This Meet involves all of us. What do YOU want from this Meet?? This is a sickness we are all afflicted with. Help me on this...I'm new at being a HTF Meet host.

What do we want to eat or drink?? Let's get this thing CRANKED-UP!!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
My name is Brian and I'm a HTaholic.

I'm just gonna bring some soda. As much as I'd love a nice beer, I have to drive pretty far to get home.

The agenda sounds good. I can't wait!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Now that Brian mentioned it, I can bring my own drinks (and food), if getting food and drinks will be too much of a problem for you.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
OLD MAN WINTER...1
HTF MEET........0

People, I'm afraid that we need to reschedule our HTF Meet. I'm hoping March 8th works for all of you.

I have been monitoring the weather all week, hoping that some of this snow would melt!! Middletown finally ran a snow plow down my street on Wednesday, but all that accomplished was to make on the street parking even harder to find than normal. I just watched the forecast for this weekend and they are calling for about an inch of rain over the next 24 hours, changing to snow late Saturday!!

I want everyone to enjoy our Meet, and have a decent place to park. I would also think that driving home late Saturday night might be trouble. I'm just as disappointed about this as I'm sure you are. I have sent everyone an e-mail to read this post.

CINCINNATI HTF MEET IS RESCHEDULED TO MARCH 8TH!!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
March 8th is the first official day of spring break for Chuck and I. I don't know about Chuck's plans, but I'll be in a car on the way to Hilton Head Island by then.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well this just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! This has just ruined my weekend, I was so prepared to come down there aaaaAAAARRRGH!!!:angry:
Well I am behind in my Cisco class, and Algebra, and study skills class....sheesh looks like I'm behind in all my classes. Guess it was a blessing in disguise
Geez wiz though, March 8th just seems so far away:frowning:

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Hey, This is only the first of these Meets we can have here in the area!!
Whoever can be here on the 8th, great, Hopefully the others can make the next one!!
Thomas, Chuck, I'm a Miami alumnus, but I didn't get to enjoy spring break like you will! I was working 40+ hours a week and raising a family and going to school 2 or 3 nights a week in the evening. But it is paying off for my career!!
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SPRING BREAK!!
Brian, we will get together sometime! Break a leg...(have a good show)
LaMarcus, Mike, Kevin, David, Alan...not a bad start!!!
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks