What's new

UK X-Box owners: Amazon UK bargains!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
So there I am browsing Amazon UK when I only stop and see Dead or Alive III listed for £19.99 and Project Gotham, Amped and Oddworld on sale for £29.99! A mistake on their part or truely a solid deal in price reduction on selected titles?

These are the titles they are offering as part of various bundles, so it's likely they do in fact know what they are doing and have mass stock, though perhaps these prices are set for a limitied period. Halo is also reduced to £34 and extra X-Box control pads (official MS ones) are now £19.99.

BARGAIN! I'm about to order Project Gotham and am toying with going for DOA3 as well, but since I am rather fussy over fighting games I may skip it in my want to get VF4 at some point.

So looking at how Amazon have been re-adjusting some various X-Box games and peripherals, one can hope the future average of X-Box games there will be between £34 and £37. When the price drop hit a couple of weeks ago Amazon set all X-Box titles to 39.99 or less but of course with £2 shipping you're only a few pounds of the RRP, yet now some are seeing further price reductions as noted above. This is looking good!

Dan

Steve Deacon

Stunt Coordinator
They seem to be mostly Microsoft published titles, but not all the MS ones are reduced. As far as I know, MS hasn't reduced the RRP of it's games, so it must just be Amazon's attempt to drum up business.

Have you bought your X-Box yet Dan?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Steve, grabbing one for my Birthday on Tuesday. :)
I just ordered Gotham in the end (I am grabbing Halo and Jet Set radio with the console on tuesday). Hopefully DOA3 will stick at that incredible price, because I may very well grab it at a later date.
Dan

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
so it must just be Amazon's attempt to drum up business.
I think it's more to do with the fact that it was almost all Microsoft games in the 'freebie games' given to existing users after the price drop.

There's going to be a glut of freebie Microsoft games traded in & sold on second hand reducing the market for the fullprice DOA3 etc, in my opinion. Reducing the price makes it a little more palatable.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
That's a fair point, Brian. Sort of backs up my thought that they were also reduced because the likes of Amped, DOA3, Halo and Gotham can all be had as part of bundle deals at Amazon (the console, 2 games and a pade for £287 deals). I am happily taking advantaqge regardless. :)
Any thoughts on DOA3? I've never played any incarnation of the DOA series before.
Dan

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
DOA3's fun... I loved the first two DOA games - their style of fighting is very fast, very heavy on counterattacks. Watching a game of DOA1 played by two good players is a like a Bruce Lee film with the amount of counters/parries etc at high speed. DOA3 is basically DOA2 with prettier graphics - the core gameplay is the same. There's really not much to 'unlock' or play through in single player, the story mode is a joke (and was in DOA2 as well). The tag team battles & multiplayer game is where it's a lot of fun.

It's no VF4 depth wise. But it is definitely fun & very pretty.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
VF4 is out here now so I may grab it soon, though I'd like to find out how the PAL version is first. I may get DOA3 sometime.

I've noticed Blood Wake is also £19.99 at Amazon. It doesn't appeal, but good price nevertheless. Fifa World Cup is also £34.

Dan

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You've got a PS2, don't you, Dan? If so, don't even think of FIFA for football, you *need* to buy PES if you've any attraction to the game at all.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I wasn't thinking of it, although I did order Fifa 2002 for gamecube at christmas from NCS along with Batman Vengeance. They sent em, they charged me, I never got em and that's what this whole issue I am having with NCS is all about right now. Cube fifa looked pretty decent. :frowning:
I do have a PS2 yes, and Pro Evolution does look attractive I must admit. I don't follow football, but I like playing it in videogame form for some reason. It's essentialy Pong with 22 players. :)
My copy of Gotham came this morning. Now I need the console!
Dan

paul h

Supporting Actor
PES is the best console soccer game by far, FIFA doesnt come close...4 player PES is awesome and a whole lotta fun!
I got DOA3 with the console for £20 and played it briefly but it hasn't grabbed my attention at all...now Halo is a different matter :)

Richard_c

Agent
Here's a further £3 off £15 voucher BYPK-A4H7-E3P5. I just can't make my mind up if i want DOA 3 even at the cheapy price, tried the demo & wasn't that impressed, bouncing boobies in a video game will only be of interest for a wee while unlike of course real life, where they'll fascinate forever:)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'd say leave it, Richard. You know, I find it tempting even at 19.99, but I realised that I dont want to spend 20 on a game I may only think is ok so I left it and will grab VF4 which is only 29.99 at Amazon, 27 with the voucher you mention making it £29 shipped. Onlything holding me back there is a chance (however minute) of Sega announcing an X-Box incarnation of VF4 at E3. Not bad at all though, and PS2 Tony Hawks 3 is £24 there... Jeez... Of the multi-format THPS3 releases, anyone know which is the best?

Pro Evolution Soccer is also 29.99 at Amazon. I am wondering though, what's the difference between that and ISS2 on X-Box???

I'd consider Oddworld at 29.99 but I am just not sure it is for me... It got somewhat mixed reviews. I love the tv spots for the game though, looks like a cg cartoon!

Dan

PS: Where'd you find out about the £3 cupon? Are there sites that list these things?

Richard_c

Agent
Pay a visit here dan Dvd Times my credit cards get nuked at an alarming rate due to the bargains posted here. If anyone offers you ISS2 on Xbox, run away quickly, don't look back not for a second, the question you'll be asking is how did they mess it up sooooooooo badly.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I own DOA2,3 and VF4. And I must say DOA3 is where it's at for playing with friends. Being able to take 3 friends and trying to beat the crap out of each other in DOA3 is a lot of fun :)
However as far as single player goes DOA3 blows... it gets old fast unlike VF4 :)
That's my take on these two fine fighting series. YMMV :)
Brian

Richard_c

Agent
The only fighting game i have ever really enjoyed was Soulblade on the Ps 1, now that was a beat'em up with attitude, big metal attitude:).

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'd consider Oddworld at 29.99 but I am just not sure it is for me... It got somewhat mixed reviews. I love the tv spots for the game though, looks like a cg cartoon!
Great game! It can get a tad repititious as the it goes on but you'll be so in love with the characters and their wierd peronalities that you'll want to keep playing to see how it ends. Its Unique to say the least (Though not as good as the first 2) and one of the few titles out there with a genuine sense of humor.(No matter how sadistic it may be:D)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks