What's new

Two SVS setup questions (1 Viewer)

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
1. Is it OK to place the sub (16-46PC) right in a corner with little breathing room? Due to space considerations, mine is sitting about 2 inches from the side wall and about a foot from the back wall. Since it is top ported, will I still get good results, or do I need to figure out how to give it more space?

2. When I have the sub cross-over disabled, my receiver (Marantz SR-7000) seems to send a full range signal to the sub for it's internal sub test tone. The reason I'm assuming this is that the tone has a higher sound (almost like running water) along with the rumble. If I re-enable the crossover, it's olny rumble. Also, when I use Video Essentials with the cross-over disabled, it is only rumble. My question is, could this fuller range sub test tone damage the woofer? Should I avoid using it this way?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Chris, I hope the subwoofer is working ok for you so far.

The placement you described sounds fine. As long as both *ends* of the cylinder have a little breathing room.(a couple inches)...it shoudl be ok.

Higher frequency calibration tones on the sub won't hurt it. It's almost always best to bypass any internal crossover on the subwoofer if you're using the subwoofer lowpass crossover in your receiver though...so I would make sure to set it to bypass.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks