Recently went to my local CC to look for a new monitor. I have decided on a direct view over a RPTV for these reasons... 1) my room is wide and not deep, so there is a LOT of off axis viewing at angles more than 120 degrees. 2) I play a lot of video games so I am worried about burn in. 3) The smaller direct view sizes won't dominate my room as much. I am torn between two sets. The 40XBR700 and the 34XBR800. The 40" is 4:3 with no DVI and the 34 is 16:9 with DVI. I know how controversial DVI is and that I may not need it, but having it would give piece of mind. What am I looking for out of the set? Great picture on DVD and XBox as this is what I use the set for 75% of the time. The other 25% is used for watching digital cable (mostly sports). I am not concerned with great picture for cable, but am for movies. I have heard the 34" has a very soft focus at the edges and does not have as good a picture as it's predecessor, the one with the included tuner that goes for 4K. (not sure of the model number). Anyone who has any experience with these sets can chime in, thanks. By the way, the 40" goes for $2499 and the 34" goes for $2420 without haggling. Might be able to get them to go lower. If the 40 had DVI, I would jump all over it, but without, I'm leery. Thanks.