"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF!

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jan H, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

2. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Hey guys, I made a DVD purchase at DDD on the 13th, it shipped the 17th and I still have not received it...I have never purchased from these guys before so I am a little bit concerned.

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    James,

This is the busiest shipping time of the year, and they shipped it out Media Mail. Give it another week.

4. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Strange this thread is still going, but I may as well put it back up to the top [​IMG]

I ordered Indy & a couple MST3K titles (free shipping option) & had zero problems. They even held Indy until the others came in and they all still arrived on time. I ordered them on the last day of the sale (whenever that was)
    If I am not mistaken they ship from Chicago(?), so that may explain why I get my orders from DDD so quickly.
    This was probably my 4th or 5th order from them & I haven't had a single problem.
    Sorry to hear about others misfortunes, but you can imagine it was pretty hectic around there before Christmas (which is no excuse,but.....)
    I still give DDD [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Unfortunately, a couple of members made this thread their personal battleground, but all is well now and hopefully, people can continue to discuss the outcome of their DDD orders without any further animosity.

Crawdaddy

6. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    My parents made a big order after the sale, and received it late last week, so they are restocking.

7. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Still waiting for Friends seasons 3,4 and 5 but everything else on my mammoth orders shipped in time for Xmas (received George of the Jungle 12/24 so just in the nick of time there). They had to have been utterly buried in orders; they're already the cheapest out there, and an additional 20% made them like the good old days of reel.com. So I can hardly blame them for delays and running out of product.

8. Dick White

Dick White Stunt Coordinator

Well, since the thread is still here:

Titles ordered (4 orders): 73
    Backordered: 19
    Backorders Received: 8
    Backorders Shipped/ not here yet: 5
    Backorders not shipped yet: 6

Four of the 6 remaining backorders are box sets. No box set that was backordered has been shipped yet. I'm seeing a pattern here. It's beginning to look like these will end up cancelled.

I have received two shipping notices for 2 of the DVDs on one order, and they haven't arrived yet. I haven't checked my credit card account yet to see if I was billed twice.

All in all, I'm still happy with DDD even though there were a couple of errors which may or may not have to be fixed. I have bought hundreds of DVDs from them and have yet to have an unresolved problem.

9. Michael St. Clair

Well, I ordered about 10 boxsets, and I've had 3 or 4 that were backordered ship out eventually.

I still have two more backordered.

10. Elliott Willschick

Elliott Willschick Second Unit

I just wanted to say that I received my first package today, which was sent on the 8th. It was opened by customs which is probably why it took so long. Considering the fantastic sale, I don't mind the waiting. I was just apprehensive about their reliability etc.

My Alias S2 shipped yesterday as well.

11. Dick White

Dick White Stunt Coordinator

My Alias S2 has now shipped, ending the drought of backordered box sets being shipped.

12. Michael St. Clair

My final two backordered box sets shipped yesterday.

13. Stacey_B

Stacey_B Second Unit

If it helps I had one order that arrived at my house that I never recieved any account of it, no e-mails and it never charged. I waited and waited for the update on the dvd but eventually like 2 weeks later I got an e-mail that it had shipped. I haven't recieved a second but it still hasn't charged anything either...? Who knows...I've recieved most of my orders, still waiting on a couple though...
    Stacey

14. Jalil

Jalil Stunt Coordinator

any current ddd coupons out there at all?

15. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John

16. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Believe me, if something like this ever happens again, I am just going to surrender my wallet to them.

17. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Coincidentally, I just received the last of my purchases from this deal, after only 2+ months of waiting. It was the Beatles Anthology. Oh, wait, nevermind, I'm still waiting on the Cranberries Beneath the Skin Live.

18. Jalil

Jalil Stunt Coordinator

19. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Considering how overwhelmed they were by the response, it may be a long time before they try this again. [​IMG]