What's new

Two and a half years later--I finally made a Home Theater page (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I think I need to look up the definition of spartan, "I don't think it means what you think it means" :) Then again, you do say "in comparison"
wink.gif

Very, very nice indeed. Congratulations!
Seriously, one question. Does that carpet on the floor get the job done -- preventing excessive sound reflections and echoing? Do you have any treatments on the walls (can't tell from the pictures)? From the pictures it look slike your room maybe fairly bright sound-wise.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Very nice! You have fine equipment and a very clean looking setup.
My only suggestion - How about some close up shots of your DIY sub? Pictures of it being built plus a materials list would make a great page to link to your main page.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Very nice setup and a good job for your first crack at your HT website.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Nice, clean looking room. I'll take "spartan" over busy any day of the week.
One thing, though- the contrast on the TV must be set pretty high for those images to appear that bright with the windows open and lights on. Maybe have the ISF guy give you a heads up on where it is (when he comes), vs. where it should be.
If it's right, then I'm running my Elite too low.
Todd

David Judah

Screenwriter
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Dmitry, I wasn't referring to the equipment as spartan per se, but rather that I only have four components in the rack(I don't count the pioneer cd player because it is only used for background music)and two of them are amplifiers. :)
When I first saw the room, I figured it would be a nightmare to tame, especially with the tile, but the 8x10 rug, the big fluffy couches, and a bookshelf on the right wall(not pictured)do a good job. My major complaint is the rear imaging. I don't get a good phantom rear center like I had in my previous room, but compromises are to be expected in pre-built rooms. I will add some treatments when I can see what's going on with an RTA(if I can ever find the time).
Rob, I got the audio rack at Ultimate Electronics it is a Furniture Works G-100, I think.
Ron, I did make a sub construction site when I built my Shiva, but I just got lazy with the Tempest. I found myself wanting to get it done, so I could use it. Besides, Patrick Sun has the market cornered on detailing the DIY sub construction process. :)
Todd, I calibrated with Avia and the contrast is at about 40%. When I first took the pictures they were pretty dark, so I upped the exposure on the digital camera, and brightened them up a bit with Photosuite.
DJ
[Edited last by David Judah on November 07, 2001 at 11:13 AM]

rin

Stunt Coordinator
You have got a very nice system there.
The only thing that I could think of to improve it would be a receiver upgrade to something with 6.1. That would take care of your rear imaging problem.
Well done!
------------------
My Home Theater

David Judah

Screenwriter
Nice setup as well, Tor--the cabinets on the NT series are beautiful.
Todd, you were right--good eye. I didn't realize until I sat down to watch a DVD today that all of my stored adjustments on each input had been reset to the factory levels(probably accidentally by my wife)! My white level was cranked to maximum!
When I was taking the pictures for the website I didn't even notice--I just wanted a picture on the screen.
Thanks for being observant. :)
DJ

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Very Nice Page and set-up. Nice pix of the Star Wars Phantom Menance on that big beautiful T.V. There just something about seeing Star Wars on DVD that just get's me.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Brett Robert

Agent
Ok I saw spartin and thought, "Kirk Douglas in a skirt"
laugh.gif
"You ever been in a cockpit before Bobbie?
Do you like Gladiator movies Bobbie?"
biggrin.gif
Sorry I couldn't help myself. Verry nice room, very clean. Nice sub. The cat looks just like mine. I take it that it is declawed. :)
------------------
~~~~~~~Brett~~~~~~~~~
Champagne tastes with a beer budget
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks