What's new

Tweeter price matching or negotiating? (1 Viewer)

Anthony GT

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at the Mit WS65857, WS65807 and Sony HS models at Tweeter. Does anyone know if they will price match or negotiate on price at all?
I REALLY like the WS65857 but it is a little out of my price range at their current price of $3,700.
Thanks!
Anthony

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Tweeter ran a radio ad recently announcing $1000 off on certain Mits HDTVs. Probably last year's models (the xxxx7 ones) to make room for the new (xxxx9) ones.
Maybe it's time to drop in there again. They don't tend to negotiate or price match, but their service is great.
KJP

Stefan A

Second Unit
Tweeter will not negotiate unless another place has it cheaper. Back when best buy was giving away free speakers with Yamaha Receiver purchase, tweeter matched the deal. I have tried to haggle with them and they don't budge.
Stefan Antwarg
BTW, where in MD are you?

Anthony GT

Stunt Coordinator
Also at the tail end of that ad I believe it says if you make your Mit. TV purchase through Mit. credit card or something you get no interest and no payments for 12 months. They said it pretty fast so check it out first.
Thanks for the info on price matching. Their prices are reasonably close to what I found on pricescan.com. If I could save a few hundred dollars it would cover the cost of the service plan at least.
Stefan, I'm right near you, about 5 miles away in Forest Hill. Have you been to the Tweeter in Bel Air?
Now I just need to decide on the TV!
Anthony

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
at the chicago tweeter, the guy said he would give me once a year tune-ups for free as well as the promise of a 60 day price gaurantee (if you find it cheaper at another store, they will cut you a check for the difference). I believe the guarantee is only for ads though
geordy
------------------

Stefan A

Second Unit
Anthony,
Yeah, I have been to that tweeter a bunch of times since it opened. I was there twice today! When it comes to a big purchase like a RPTV, I am with you in that I like dealing with local retailers. Early this week I ordered the new Toshiba 50h81 from Sears in White Marsh. 2 days later, it arrived. I have been tweaking it (to the best of my rookie ability) and adjusting and so far I am quite pleased. You should consider the Toshiba. Tweeter, BB, or CC does not have it yet. Sears didn't have it in the store, but it was available. Since Sears price matches online prices (+shipping) I bought it from them. If you want to see it, let me know.
Stefan

Anthony GT

Stunt Coordinator
Geordy, I think actually advertise that as their "automatic price protection". I guess they are supposed to have someone looking through ads and if they see it cheaper they will automatically send you as check for the difference.
Stefan, I've looked at the Toshibas too. I really just can't decide what to get!
confused.gif

We watch a lot of regular cable TV, much more so than DVDs so I was leaning strongly towards the Sony HS10. Then I started looking at the WS Mit. and Toshibas and thinking I might as well get ready for HDTV and go WS. I'd really get to get something before football season and my current 30" TV just isn't cutting it for DVDs.
Unfortunately this is probably the worst time in hisdtory to try and buy a TV with so many things in flux.
Anthony

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Anthony,
I've bought a bunch of stuff from Tweeter and they do price match, but technically you must bring in a print ad before you buy and show it to them. Also, once you purchase from them, they give you a 60 day price match guarantee. The first 30 days, if any ads show your product for less, Tweeter cuts you a check automatically for the difference. The second 30 days is your responsibility to take the ad to them and prove it.
I did this with the recent purchase of my Tosh 65H80. About six weeks after my purchase, I saw that Best Buy's online price had dropped by $200. I called and BB store and they were offering the same price as their website. I then called my sales guy at Tweeter, he called BB to confirm, and BINGO - I got the $200. For me that came as a credit applied to my Tweeter Card, since I had their "six months no interest" deal. All it took was a phone call.
I'm a big fan of Tweeter when it comes to a large purchase item such as an RPTV. They have taken good care of me and I keep going back to the same sales guy. I have been approached by idiot sales people there, but I always ask for the same guy. Just recently, I recived from them 1) An "AVID" card which gives me 10% off of anything at anytime, and 2) A free year subscription to "Sound and Vision" magazine. None of this would matter if I didn't feel their prices were competitive, but I've been really taken care of at Tweeter.
Peace,
DM
------------------
"We all end up dead, the question is how and why."
[Edited last by Dave Miller on August 11, 2001 at 10:45 AM]

Stefan A

Second Unit
The Toshibas are known for their good stretch modes of 4:3 material. I can vouch for it too. Regular cable TV looks very natural stretched.
Stefan Antwarg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks