What's new

TV show Predictions.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I did a post like this last year. But, I am doing an up to date one. What shows (not announced) do you think will make it to dvd either late this year or early next year? (DO NOT POST WHAT YOU WANT. BUT, WHAT YOU THINK WILL BE RELEASED.)

-More NBC/Universal shows.
-Miami Vice (this being the show's 20th Anniversary)
-Pretender

Rick P

Supporting Actor
since 'The Pretender' is already out in France, it's already mastered.. just add english menus and turn off the forces subs???

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Rick, I saw pics of the set. I am very jealous. I cannot believe the show has not been released yet. :angry:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I have a great feeling (after multiple conversations with Mr. Blythe at Paramount) that we will see The Fugitive by early next year (if not the end of this year).

Gary "that's the one show I want as much as any other" O.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

that would be GREAT.

Paramounts sched for the rest of the year, doesn't really have a whole lot i'm interested in, so this would make up for a lot, if its true.

now that i think about it, the last 4-5 months of the year- almost all the action my wallet will be getting will be in the direction of TV material.

big change for me

i'm expecting:

The Andy Griffith Show
Night Gallery
Buck Rogers
Columbo
(hopefully) Rockford Files

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

France is PAL, the US is NTSC. So they can't use the same master. Not without it looking crappy, anyway. As it's an American show, they probably already have NTSC masters somewhere, though.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Well I could certainly live with THE FUGITIVE (ABC 1963-67) on DVD is if it happens.

As far as predicting about what's most likely to come out by the major companies probably the most inane selections imaginable so I'd rather reflect on what I personally like to see made available on DVD.

THE INVADERS (ABC 1967-68),

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (ABC 1964-68),

THE TIME TUNNEL (ABC 1966-67),

THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN (Syndicated 1952-57, ABC 1957-58),

MY FAVORITE MARTIAN (CBS 1963-66),

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (NBC 1964-68),

KOLCHAK THE NIGHT STALKER (ABC 1974-75),

HAWKEYE AND THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS (Syndicated 1957-58),

ZORRO (ABC 1957-59)

and the remaining 5 seasons of HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL (CBS 1957-63).

There are others but that'll do for now!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Todd, how right on were you last year?

As for what I think will come out:

Brady Bunch -- This will come out eventually, but I think it's a bit optimistic to say next year. I'll say it anyway.

Airwolf - You can already get some or all of it through CH, and Universal's announcing shows like mad lately.

Gunsmoke - Again, it's available through CH. And, with Paramount releasing Have Gun and the Gunsmoke movies, it's a strong bet.

CHiPs - If Starsky can come out, so can CHiPs.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, France is SECAM, isn't it? I didn't realize they'd released Pretender (or Le Chameleon as they call it there) on DVD - I knew it was out on tape, along with a batch of episodes of Charmed, and the complete Profit. And the coolest Stargate SG-1 packaging I've seen anywhere - almost tempting to buy it just for the Stargate-shaped packages.

It seems to me that comedy is pretty hot on DVD this year. I wonder if it's somehow cheaper to release than drama? Fewer music clearances required, maybe? I think you're going to see an acceleration of Frasier and Cheers releases, plus more Everyone Loves Raymond and such. It sounds like Carsey/Warner are trying to get their stuff distributed, so maybe the first season of Cosby.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I have a hunch - a gut feeling, mind you, that I can't possibly validate - that maybe, PERHAPS, we might see some more Star Trek branded shows on DVD.

:wink:

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that with HR Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost boxed sets, this means that Rhino's commitment to releasing the remaining Krofft shows is strong.

I mean, who wouldnt want some Sigmund goodness?

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Dan - Cool, I didn't realize that. I just took a wander through Amazon.fr's TV section of their DVD store. I always find it amusing how words and phrases become co-opted in other languages - ours is full of them. But the French have apparently adopted the phrase "snap case." "Twilight Zone" may become "La Quatrième dimension," but snap case remains the same.

Okay, I'm easily amused. I did notice that they've got Ally McBeal released on DVD, with both French and English language tracks. That's a show I'm surprised was not released on DVD, but I suspect its attraction may have waned. Which leads me to a prediction - even though none of the rest of the series has been released on DVD, I predict that the final season of The Practice will be out on DVD in the next year, especially if Fleet Street is a success next fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks