What's new

TV Funhouse? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
What the hell ever happened to the second season of this damn funny show? It certainly wasn't a flop, as far as I know, so why the long wait/canceling?

John C

Stunt Coordinator
Of course South Park can do ANYTHING filthy and crude but that's okay since Matt Parker and Trey Stowe practically own Comedy Central. But a show like TV Funhouse that literally almost caused my heart to stop it was so funny gets canned real fast! It's much better to watch severely censored '80s comedies on Comedy Central apparently. Cancelling TV Funhouse is about as smart as Sci-Fi channel redoing Battlestar Galactica. Middle fingers to both networks from me! "Poop.....creamy......delicious!"

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
This is the show with the talking animals/dog that always wanted to catch his tail? Good stuff, though the only time I got to see it is when I inadvertently flipped past it.
I really like the random comedy shows like this (and Sifl & Olly as another example) but they seem to get cut early in their run. :frowning:

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Of course South Park can do ANYTHING filthy and crude but that's okay since Matt Parker and Trey Stowe practically own Comedy Central

I doubt TV Funhouse was canceled because it was too filthy and crude, but that it just didn't bring in the ratings/sponsors. Trey and Matt don't get to do anything they want... "That's My Bush" was canceled because it was too expensive to produce. CC is a pretty small network, and can't really sink money into a show that isn't going to make them anything.

TV Funhouse is never going to attract millions of viewers.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Would be nice for this series to be released on DVD. The eight shows that they had were classic. The biggest problem is that most people I believe found a lot of the humor over their heads.

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Comedy Central!

Getting rid of TV Funhouse was as lame as loosing MST3K. You can keep your Battlebots and that new show where puppets try to immitate the Jerky Boys.

Damn TV Funhouse was funny! I still rememeber that "Underage Bichon" song. Funny, funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks