What's new

Turning fan on/off causes speakers to crackle (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I have the fan attached to the same power outlet as the receiver and subwoofer, and nothing else. If I turn the fan on/off while the sound system is playing, there will be a slight crackle in the speakers. Has any harm been done to my speakers or receiver? Is it safe to continue to use the fan in this manner?

Thanks.

~T

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"I have the fan attached to the same power outlet as the receiver and subwoofer, and nothing else. If I turn the fan on/off while the sound system is playing, there will be a slight crackle in the speakers. Has any harm been done to my speakers or receiver? Is it safe to continue to use the fan in this manner?"

It's unlikely any permament damage has occurred, but will suggest you separate the fan, receiver and subwoofer from being connected in the same AC power outlet...and even same circuit (from where your current outlet originates from). This way you'll be lessening--if not totally eliminating--chances of electrical interference glitches from entering your audio system...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
No, yes, but annoying as hell. What happens if temporarily you were to run an extension cord to a different outlet or use a plug-in surge suppresser (borrow it from the PC if you have to)? Does the noise still occur?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks