What's new

Trying toexpand what I have (1 Viewer)

Kurt*S

Auditioning
Real Name
William Kurt Staley
I'm new at this, I used to have friend who helped me but unfortuntely he moved away.

I have a harmen karden receiver, with a 5.1 surround set up among a dvd player , sat tv box and cooling fan etc... with 2 front spkrs, 1 center ch, and 2 rear ch's. I also have the system plugged into two JVC outdoor spkrs on my deck. I have prewired the bedroom as a third zone but have not installed anything there yet...

...My dilemma is, when i play music outside I have to turn up the volume inside quite loud to get any kind of volume outside. Iwould also like to set up the third zone in my bedroom so I could also play from the system to the bedroom.

I assume i need a pre amp ??? for the system. Which one do I need to handle what i want to do? On another note: What would it take to make the zones work independant of each other. Play one cd in the bedroom while my wife watches a dvd in the main room?

I know that there are alot of questions, i'll take any guidance I can get. Thnks in advance!!!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Kurt!

I assume you have a separate CD player. If so, you can use its digital output for the main receiver. You can use its regular RCA jacks for your second zone. Get some kind of A/V switcher, that has a few inputs and a single output. Connect the CD player’s jacks to it, and the main receiver’s second zone jacks. Then you can use the switcher to select which source you want to send to the second zone – the same one that’s being used in the main room, or the CD player.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kurt*S

Auditioning
Real Name
William Kurt Staley
Thanks Wayne for the info. I will get to work on this, sat. am. I will post later how everything goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks