Trouble with ProLogic II and Football...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Sheahan, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Mike Sheahan

Mike Sheahan Stunt Coordinator

I noticed yesterday while watching the two Fox Network games (Vikings/Saints & Tampa/Packers) through my local TV station (rabbit ears), that I wasn't getting any sound from my surrounds.
    I used to watch the games on Direct TV, with a regular Pro Logic receiver, and I would always have sound coming from the surrounds.
    I have a Denon 3802, and I tried both Neo 6 and Prologic II, but would get nothing but front L & R, and center.
    Is this a problem with my setup, which I checked thoroughly, or is it just the signal from my local broadcaster. They all broadcast in stereo now don't they? Shouldn't Prologic II be able to take a stereo signal and create the surround effects?

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

I'm not exactly sure what your issue is but it does sound like you are receiving a mono signal which would explain the lack of surrounds.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

3. Mike Sheahan

Mike Sheahan Stunt Coordinator

I just turned on the TV to check it again. Sally Jessie Rafael crap talkshow is on, and guess what? She is in surround! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I can't believe that crap rates for stereo, but the NFL doesn't!!! [​IMG]

4. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I believe NFL games are broadcast in Dolby Surround, If your set up would have been getting a mono feed then all you would have had would be a center channel sound in Prologic II mode. Not too sure why only front L/R channels other than perhaps you had switch your receiver to stereo!
    Wes