What's new

Trouble with ProLogic II and Football... (1 Viewer)

Mike Sheahan

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed yesterday while watching the two Fox Network games (Vikings/Saints & Tampa/Packers) through my local TV station (rabbit ears), that I wasn't getting any sound from my surrounds.
I used to watch the games on Direct TV, with a regular Pro Logic receiver, and I would always have sound coming from the surrounds.
I have a Denon 3802, and I tried both Neo 6 and Prologic II, but would get nothing but front L & R, and center.
Is this a problem with my setup, which I checked thoroughly, or is it just the signal from my local broadcaster. They all broadcast in stereo now don't they? Shouldn't Prologic II be able to take a stereo signal and create the surround effects?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I'm not exactly sure what your issue is but it does sound like you are receiving a mono signal which would explain the lack of surrounds.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection
Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

Mike Sheahan

Stunt Coordinator
I just turned on the TV to check it again. Sally Jessie Rafael crap talkshow is on, and guess what? She is in surround!
furious.gif

furious.gif
I can't believe that crap rates for stereo, but the NFL doesn't!!!
furious.gif

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I believe NFL games are broadcast in Dolby Surround, If your set up would have been getting a mono feed then all you would have had would be a center channel sound in Prologic II mode. Not too sure why only front L/R channels other than perhaps you had switch your receiver to stereo!
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks