What's new

Tron - 20th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

I had this DVD for a few weeks before I actually viewed it. After seeing it yesterday I don't know what the hell I waited so long for... Does anyone else own this DVD? The sound just blew me away. I saw it as a kid and liked it, but it takes on all new meaning as an adult. Its a great subwoofer workout.

DannyS

Second Unit
This was one of my "holy grails". I was amazed that there was a laserdisc full of greatness, and then to have most, if not all of it on DVD was joy! It is an amazing film, and the disc finally does it justice. Get the score CD as well! I love TRON! Can't wait for TRON KILLERAPP!

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
I totally agree with both of you guys! There again, I hadn't seen the film in a few years and found myself enjoying it all over again...for the first time! It goes to show that a film which was once presented on glorious 70MM film would have such amazing audio and video source materials to work with. Kudos to Disney for a great 2 disk set which has the cost of a single disk.

"END OF LINE."

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The visuals hold up to any CG-animated film of today, IMO. What the filmmakers accomplished is nothing short of a marvel. The DVD is one of the best ever.

I hope TRON 2.0 doesn't muck up the "look" of the Tron universe too much (ie, too much sterile CG)... it better look like the first movie!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I watched over half of the movie last night. I was just going to watch the beginning..hehe heh..oh well. I stopped cause I wanted to watch it with a friend who likes the movie and also, my system is not calibrated and the subwoofer was unbelievably loud. It just rumbled all to heck!!
But the movie...wow.....stunning visuals and great sound and music. What an accomplishment. So much was done so well with that movie. Neat suggestive continuities, like the red lights on the tractor trailer that they followed on their way to FLYNN's place, and the Red flourescent glow of the helicopter. Neat. Its not the computer world, but they wanted to blend the story look together. There are some examples of less than stellar acting, but who cares? I love the visuals. Many times better than todays CGI in my opinion. And the sound, the use of wide open spaces and ominous recognizers that really scared you. I love the movie. I can't wait to watch the extra's and I hope the "sequal" is in the spirit of the first movie :)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
What amazes me about Tron is the accuracy. There's a lot of movies out there that are hard to watch as a person working in the industry.

Hackers, anyone, or the 3d-interface of Jurassic Park?

Tron sits well in this department.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I had never seen this when I sat down to watch my brother's disc, and I was expecting '80s cheese like Last Starfighter, something that is really only good if you grew up with it.

But I ended up really enjoying it, and lamenting the fact that I hadn't bought the disc when it was cheap in the first week. The documentary was dry, but interesting.

The light cycles scene was really great, as were the glowing effects.

Heh, I am always pround to say that the first DVD I bought was Tron (and that was 5 months before I even owned a player) and so getting the 20th Aniversary release was not an option but a goal. Tron always was good, and not cheezball computer stuff, why can't more people get that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks