What's new

trillian messenger (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I just heard about/downloaded it today(a messenger you can use with aim,msn,y!,irc and icq) and i never found out wether or not i can go ahead and delete my other messengers or not.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
actually,trillian claims to have fixed it.i am using it with no trouble but it will not come on unless i shut my other messengers down..

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I also recently discovered Trillian, and couldn't be happier with it, since it combines ICQ, MSN and Yahoo. Previously I only used ICQ because most of my friends used that, but Trillian is brilliant. I can't believe noone thought of this before!

The only thing I have found so far is with the ICQ client, you can not press arrow up to go back to the previous typed line, or if someone msg you, the focus will go from the window you were typing in to the new window. this is particularly a problem for me who looks more at the keyboard and not the monitor while I'm typing. Also I miss not being able to use return in messages, because return sends your message, unlike ICQ where you had to press the send button.

But these are nitpicking IMO, the fact that they combine so many messenger services more than make up for these minor setbacks.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I would say you will always be at risk of AOL cutting support at any time. They were able to block Microsoft and Yahoo. Once they set their sites on Trillian, it's gone. But until then, go for it!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Bjorn

you can change the settings so that enter won't send the message

i have it so only ctrl-s sends messages because that's what icq accustumed (sp?) me to

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
so,umm,does anybody know if i can dump my other messengers or not?
I only had ICQ, and I uninstalled that and have never since regretted it. But I don't see why you have to uninstall ICQ though, it doesn't really take up that much space, and in any case, you can just reinstall it if the need comes along. Just choose the one you prefer. I don't use AOL myself, and I can understand that might be a problem. However, even if Trillian are not able to be compatible with AOL one day, it would still be a nice program for the rest of the protocols.

Mark Dubbelboer,

I must be an idiot, because now I've been through the preferences twice, and I can not see where I can activate CTRL+S?

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
well,i did not know wether trillian would even function without the other messengers.i left aol on but hopful to be off of aol soon anyway...

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Bjorn - firstly i apologize for being too lazy to pull out the character map to spell your name properly:)
secondly - under Preferences->General->windows->Edit, there's an area called "Sending messages"
you'll see what i mean there
and don't worry, i went thru the preferences twice looking for it before i saw it. it's hidden quite well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.