Trillian - WOW!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven K, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

I downloaded and installed Trillian at work today. WOW! What a fantastic app!

In case you aren't familiar with what it is, basically it works as a one-in-all client for the following: ICQ, AOL IM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, and IRC chat.

Instead of running all of these combined (or any combination of them), you run Trillian, and it connects to any combination of them for you. Finally! No more having to run AIM, ICQ, and MSN and trying to keep up with all of them.

Earlier version of Trillian were unstable; however I haven't had any problems with it so far. Supposedly, it doesn't uninstall very well.

I gotta say though, it's pretty cool. If you chat online and use more than one client, you might wanna check it out.

2. Michael Knieriemen

Oh yeah. It is a great little program. Another nice feature is that it'll check the version each time it starts and download an updated copy, if available.

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

and you can use it as an IRC client also.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Didn't I hear somewhere that AOL was changing their access protocol sometimes hourly to foil Trillian, or is this resolved?

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor