What's new

Trigger Question (2 Viewers)

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

Got a question about the trigger function on a Marantz MM9000 5-channel amp. Bear with me on this one. The amp has an RCA jack for a trigger in that's marked as 'video signal', originally intended for hookup to the composite video out of a TV or monitor out of a receiver. The manual states that this same trigger jack can be used for other trigger signals, from 5V to 13V. I'm using a Denon AVR-2803 as a pre/pro, and its trigger out is a mini-plug (typical 1/8" mini-headphone-type) that's marked as 12V max. Can I use the 2803's trigger out via mini-plug to RCA plug adaptor to control the 'power on' and 'standby' on the MM9000? Thanks in advance.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply, Craig. Just wanted to make sure I had the right approach.

Leo

Second Unit
Along this same line, I have a similar question, but I have 5 monoblock amps and 3 triggers from my pre/pro NAD T163. I want to trigger the 5 Marantz monoblocks. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Nevermind. I looked at the Marantz MA500 manual and found the picture I wanted. It shows a Marantz Preamp with a single remote connection and the monoblocks have a D-Bus (remote signal via RCA) in and out to send the signal from each amp to the next one in the chain. Sweet. Now all I need are the cables to hook this up.

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
Ray C.,

Glad you asked this question as I was trying to do the same thing using my AVR5800. I guess I'll be going to Radio Shack to get an adapter.

Leo

Second Unit
Well after further research it turns out that the Marantz Monoblocks us a proprietary remote trigger which can not be switched by other pre/pros (that sucks, but such is life). Just another reason to sell off these 5 amps and get myself the NAD T973.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Leo,

Your other alternative is to get some other Marantz amp that can accept a 12V or video trigger, like the MA-6100 or MA-700 monoblocks. The MA-6100 replaced the MA-500, and they have virtually identical specs, but the MA-6100 can accept a 12V trigger. From there, you can have the MA-6100 trigger the other MA-500s.

An option should you decide you like the MA-500s and plan on a 7.1 setup.

Michael

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
This sucks. I bought the RCA adapter then realized that the Denon AVR5800 does not have a friggin' trigger but just a remote out to a second zone. Totally useless for the MM9000. What can be used as trigger? Video sensing won't cut it. Aaarrrggghhh. There is an amp out on it though but I don't know what kind of cord to use since the manual is a disaster in that area. Help!

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
George ,

I have read others using a 12v adapter plugged into the switched outlets on their reciever to achieve a 12v trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks