What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Universal’s direct-to-video division, Universal 1440, brings what appears to be the final film in the Tremors franchise, Tremors: Shrieker Island, to digital platforms, as well as Blu-ray and DVD.

Tremors: Shrieker Island (2020)

Released: 20 Oct 2020
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 103 min

Director: Don Michael Paul
Genre: Action

Cast: Jackie Cruz, Richard Brake, Jon Heder, Michael Gross
Writer(s): Brian Brightly, Don Michael Paul

Plot: Graboids are illegally taken to a new island resort by a rich playboy as a dangerous form of trophy hunting, and Burt Gummer steps up to save the day.

IMDB rating: 5.9
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This has always been a fun, cheesy series. I picked up this blu-ray at Walmart this week for $14.96. Hope to watch it soon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It appears this is already on Netflix? I saw it listed when I was on there this morning looking for another film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watched this last night (blu-ray). Nothing Oscar-worthy here (except maybe the cinematography) but it was another fun time in the world of Graboids. I presume the budget was kept quite low, but it was a beautiful looking film with the location shooting in Thailand. What there was of the FX looked very good, though in several scenes much of the monster action happened off-screen. I thought the LFE was quite good, so maybe the blu-ray has a bit more fidelity than the streamed audio. Many times you could hear/feel the low rumble of the graboids breathing/growling from underground (saving more on FX, you can hear them even if you can't see them).

I was also not clear if the two primary locations were separate islands, or one island and the mainland. I think they were probably two islands as they seemed concerned about the shriekers transforming into ass-blasters and flying away (presumably to the mainland).

There was also the discussion about how the high heat in the daytime would help shield the people from the shriekers' infrared vision, but at that location there were no shriekers only graboids, so that didn't make much sense in the end. Not sure if that was a script error, or if they cut later scenes involving shriekers at the plateau/caldera and didn't cut the discussion about temperature.

All the extras described above in Todd's review are on the blu-ray disc.

If this is the finale of the franchise, it was a pretty good send off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks