What's new

"Trailer A" on Say Anything Won't... Umm... Say Anything (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this problem.

On my Pioneer DV-414, "Trailer A" on Say Anything is completely silent when played through my TV speakers. When passed through my receiver, I get loud "cracks" and "pops" and no other audio.

The trailer plays fine through my DVD-ROM drive and through my Apex AD-1500 backup player.

All other features (and the film itself) appear to play fine through the Pioneer. This is obviously a disc-player incompatibility issue, but like I said, I wanted to know if anybody else is seeing this problem (particularly if they have the same player model).

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

FredCampbell

Agent
I had the exact same problem on my Pioneer 414. While it sounds like a player incompatibility issue, I am still curious as to why it's happening with that trailer only. My 414 has weathered all glitches, including all the problems people initially experienced with THE MATRIX dvd. So what's the deal with this particular trailer?

Kelly W

Second Unit
Fred,
That's exactly what I want to know. The DV-414 has been very trustworthy and I've had no problems with it.
I mean, this is just a trailer. What kind of fancy-dancy DVD tricks would it incorporate? It's not like it would use seamless branching or any other semi-obscure DVD trick.
Oh, well. It's good to know that this wasn't just a problem with my particular setup. Misery loves company, or so they say. :)
-Kelly

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I had the same problem on my DV-05. I wonder if it's specific to a particular batch of discs. Did anyone else buy the disc at Costco, and if so, did you have this problem?

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I have rented this disc from Netflix and I have the same problem on my 414 :frowning:

Kelly W

Second Unit
I bought mine at Best Buy. I'm pretty sure that this is just a player issue. It plays fine on my other DVD players. It's really weird though.

-Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks