What's new

Blu-ray Review Total Recall: Mind-Bending Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Tino said:
And for $5 at BB with the upgrade a no brainier.
It's currently&7.99 at amazon AND Best Buy, so unless BB raises the price you can't use the $5 trade and save.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I like the transfer. I just wish they ported over more of the original extras and had a featurette on the unproduced sequel which a script was written for,

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/322498/total-recall-mind-bending-edition-blu-ray-review#post_3955462
It's currently&7.99 at amazon AND Best Buy, so unless BB raises the price you can't use the $5 trade and save.
Yeah, I been down that road before with BB.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/322498/total-recall-mind-bending-edition-blu-ray-review#post_3955471
Robert what do you mean?
About not being able to use the $5 off on $7.99 BRD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was able to do it once but nly because the disc was stickered with a $9.99 price. So the guy simply adjusted it to $4.99

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was going by the roundup price which states $9.99 at best buy. Oh well. $7.99 ain't too shabby neither.

John Stuart

Agent
Real Name
John Stuart
Do you guys have any idea if this edition is the same as the Ultimate Rekall?
And if there's some sort of speedup in Blu-rays released by Studio Canal? I am not talking about PAL speedup (a movie with 100 minutes can have 96), but a more subtle speedup with a difference of 1-3 seconds. This week I tried to insert one audio track that was synchronized for other editions (released in DVD/Blu-ray) and failed. The problem was not the 22 second logo from Studio Canal, but the fact this Ultimate Rekall disc had this speedup compared to them. After this discovery, it was possible to create a synchronized file (a friend did that job).
Then I remember someone once told me this company did the same thing in anoher ocasion, and yes, with a Blu-ray disc. I don't remember which one.
And at least here in Brazil Universal released some titles from Studio Canal (in DVD/8 years ago) with speedup, despite the fact we only have NTSC discs. Those editions had very poor quality, but if were not the fact they were doing this sort of thing (with the speedup), we would never have discovered that only Studio Canal titles had this problem. Some minor companies usually do this, but Universal jumped the shark when started doing this here. Later they released some affected titles in Blu-ray, but I wonder if there are other titles with this tiny/little speedup I mentioned above.
Edit: the user Geoff noticed this:
It's probably to do with StudioCanal encoding it at exactly 24fps instead of 23.976fps (which can cause occasional frame drops if your player isn't up to it).

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Bummer. It appears that Amazon raised the price to $9.99 just as I was going to pull the trigger. $2.00 is a little I know, but I have a tendency to bypass a purchase once it goes up.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
"TonyD said:
"I was able to do it once but nly because the disc was stickered with a $9.99 price. So the guy simply adjusted it to $4.99."
Exactly what happened to me at Best Buy with this title. :cool:

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
FYI, it is $9.99 this week at Best Buy. Got mine for $4.99 with dvd trade-in. People are reporting that they're hard to find in-store.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
too bad we still haven't get a chance to see the original nc17 version of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.