What's new

Toslink Audio Mixer (1 Viewer)

An Unlucky Shot

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I've got an interesting request for you. I have a home theater system centered around my computer with a receiver and surround sound. Now, I have three audio inputs, my computer, xbox, and cable TV. My problem is that I want to have all three sources play through the speakers simultaneously. For example, I want to be able to listen to music from my computer while playing xbox. Of course, all the audio inputs need to be digital. I know I can use a toslink for each component individually. But what I really need is a toslink audio mixer. As in, I want a device that takes in all three inputs digitally, then outputs just one toslink. I thought if maybe I inputted the TV and xbox into my computer this might work, but I don't know of any sound cards with two toslinks or two digital inputs for that matter. Does anyone know of something under $100 that can do this?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, Googling “toslink mixer” didn’t come back with much except your thread and another one from HTF a few years back, so this doesn’t look like a product that’s taking the world by storm. I imagine that’s because there is no compelling reason why signal-source mixing must be accomplished digitally. However, if mixing digital input sources is what you really want, it looks like TOA’s D901 mixer will do it, if you use the optional D-937SP digital input and D-961SP digital output modules. Hope your pockets are deep... Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks