What's new

Toshiba SD-H400 (1 Viewer)

JamesED

Second Unit
Anyone how good this unit is? (Dvd player/80gb Tivo Recorder) Toshiba SD-H400

It is onsale this week at Best Buy for $199. Combined with the $50 Tivo rebate, that's not bad.

I'm looking for a dvd player for watching regular dvds on a non-HDTV with as few to no errors as possible. I don't care about other formats. If you recommend any other dvd players that could fit my needs, the help is greatly appreciated.

JamesED

Second Unit
Anyone how good this unit is? (Dvd player/80gb Tivo Recorder) Toshiba SD-H400

It is onsale this week at Best Buy for $199. Combined with the $50 Tivo rebate, that's not bad.

I'm looking for a dvd player for watching regular dvds on a non-HDTV with as few to no errors as possible. I don't care about other formats. If you recommend any other dvd players that could fit my needs, the help is greatly appreciated.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I don't personally own one but from what I hear it's pretty good but it may be a little short on some stuff. The biggest drawback to it is that you can't upgrade the space in the TiVo part of it and it also doesn't use a normal TiVo peanut remote (which I greatly prefer).

I'd say for $199 it's a pretty good deal; especially for the tiVo part of it. Beware though after a couple months with the tiVo aspect of it you'll probably want to upgrade the recording capacity of the TiVo HDD something which isn't possible as of now with this machine.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I don't personally own one but from what I hear it's pretty good but it may be a little short on some stuff. The biggest drawback to it is that you can't upgrade the space in the TiVo part of it and it also doesn't use a normal TiVo peanut remote (which I greatly prefer).

I'd say for $199 it's a pretty good deal; especially for the tiVo part of it. Beware though after a couple months with the tiVo aspect of it you'll probably want to upgrade the recording capacity of the TiVo HDD something which isn't possible as of now with this machine.

JamesED

Second Unit
Alright, thanks. I actually picked it up today, but I haven't opened it yet. It was the last one in the store, that's why I went ahead and bought it. There is also a $50 Tivo sign up rebate which this unit qualifies for.

Anyone reason why they are getting these out of the store? I've look up the newer DVD-R/TiVo machines, which would yet you record on dvd what you recorded from TiVo. That's one nice option, but those units are very expensive. I don't see them as a direct replacement at their price, yet.

JamesED

Second Unit
Alright, thanks. I actually picked it up today, but I haven't opened it yet. It was the last one in the store, that's why I went ahead and bought it. There is also a $50 Tivo sign up rebate which this unit qualifies for.

Anyone reason why they are getting these out of the store? I've look up the newer DVD-R/TiVo machines, which would yet you record on dvd what you recorded from TiVo. That's one nice option, but those units are very expensive. I don't see them as a direct replacement at their price, yet.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

I'm not sure why they are having a big sale like this for those particular units. I 'd assume it may have something to do with TiVo's sudden increase in popularity and some of the newer higher capacity models that have come out recently.

I really like those DVD recorders/TiVo combos that have come out lately but much like you they are to expensive for me:frowning: . Maybe soon though.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

I'm not sure why they are having a big sale like this for those particular units. I 'd assume it may have something to do with TiVo's sudden increase in popularity and some of the newer higher capacity models that have come out recently.

I really like those DVD recorders/TiVo combos that have come out lately but much like you they are to expensive for me:frowning: . Maybe soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks