What's new

Toshiba SD-4700 dies :( (1 Viewer)

David Lin

Auditioning
Hi,

I have a SD-4700 dvd player, and after 10 months of operation, last night when I was trying to play DTS dvd, there is no sound coming out of it. The dolby audio works fine, but it just won't work with any of my other DTS dvd.

I put another DVD player (SD-4800) in, and it played all of my DVD's fined, so it seems that it's the DTS portion of the 4700 that went bad. Is this common? What would be the fix?? Or is it worth it to get it fixed??

I got a quote from toshiba service center, and it will be ~$70-120 on labor to repair. The 4800 is going for ~$200, it seems lame to pay almost 1/2 the cost for repair on a new one.

any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
What a coincidence... My less-than-a-year-old Toshiba 4700 just died too! Except my problem is that it fails to recognize ANY CDs or DVDs...

David Lin

Auditioning
anyone??

is it worse repairing a broken DVD player? being the repair cost is ~1/2 the value of the player.

David Lin

Auditioning
anyone??

is it worse repairing a broken DVD player? being the repair cost is ~1/2 the value of the player.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Well, I have a 6 month old SD-4700 and I hope you guys haven't put the kiss of death on it. :)
No, I would not pay to have a mid-line player repaired.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Julian:

the SD-4700 is considered midline????

It's a mile or so above what most people need - my store doesn't even RECOMMEND progressive scan for people that don't have a HDTV, which is still, oh, about 95% of the populace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks