What's new

Toshiba 43" Projection TV for $525...are you kidding? (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Techbargains.com reported this one, and made no mention of a typo, but I don't know if anyone has successfully gotten it at this price or not.
Anyway, BestBuy.com has the Toshiba 43A10 43" TheaterView Projection TV with 2-Tuner Multiwindow PIP for a whopping $525. Search for "43A10" on the site, and sure enough...there it is.
I've never ordered anything from their online store, so I'm not sure how limited the "limited delivery area" is. You might attempt a price match at a local store, if it's in stock. Good luck. ;)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
So far, I only know of one person who has actually gotten this deal.

Some keys to success: live across the street from a BB that actually has one in stock.

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely checking out my local Best Buy after work!

Does anybody know anything about this model? I can't find any info/reviews anywhere online.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Best Buy did this a couple of weeks ago on a nice 16:9 set for $675 (I still have it in my cart at that price). They have yet to make it available for delivery. I suspect the same sort of baloney here.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure this was just clearing out the non-HDTV-capable RPTVs in their inventory. It's a basic RPTV, with no easy 16x9 squeeze, but I'm sure you could go into the service menu and do a manual vertical squeeze to output progressive video in the 16x9 mode. Too bad I wasn't one of those lucky who had this model in stock nearby. I even went to my local BB, but they didn't have it. :frowning:

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
best buy does this occassionally to get rid of some excess inventory that wont sell any other way. Our store sold the floor model to that toshiba over 8 months ago, i'm surprised any store still had any in stock. Our store did have the 400ish RCA mm36" hd monitor tho about a month ago, 1 for sale and the floor model. We never sold more than 1 or 2 of that tv previously.

I believe this is a mistake, an 'orphan' page for a product you can't order :frowning: (at least now) for several reasons:
1. If you browse the TV's, this model is not there.
2. There is no "check availability" link on the product page.
3. When I try to checkout, I get a javascrip error.
4. Buying any other TV does not have these problems.

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
my brother called them directly - they said that this model was on sale in all their stores (that had stock) for 2 weeks and that they were indeed "cleaning house" and put it on the web yesterday... the remaining sets were sold within hours...
their website *dissapeared* around 4:30PM PST :frowning:

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Well, I just went out there, and it let me put it in my basket. Too bad I have a wedding to plan for. If I got this, I might not have to worry about it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks