Today's winner of...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Hunter P, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

It's called sarcasm.

--
    Holadem

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Anybody remember those SNL skits with Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest? They would moan about stuff like...

"Have you ever taken a really long nail and stick it in your ear? And then you take a...um..."
    "A ball-peen hammer?"
    "Yeah, that's it. You take a ball-peen hammer and just start wacking at the nail all the way into your head."
    "Yeah, I hate when that happens."

(In case you were wondering, I watched too much TV growing up.)

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    I hope they're prosecuted as terrorists. "It was just a joke," should no longer be an accepted defense.

And this is not sarcasm.

8. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

9. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

note to self: pray malcolm is not on the jury of your trial. [​IMG]

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm

11. andrew markworthy

In fairness to the guys responsible for this, they gave themselves up after they realised the danger in what they'd done after the first bomb went off:

12. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i agree with andrew 100%. the kids were at least smart (and mature) enough to realize what they'd done and come clean. that's more than can be said for most.

i agree we need to drop the bomb on them (ugh...) to let people know that sort of stuff isn't tolerated, but i don't think we need to be overly heavy-handed about the whole thing.

boy, when i think about the things i got away with in high-school and college... :b

13. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

14. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

15. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

New DumbAss winner today:

I know someone whose kid goes to this school and she told me that they had a copy-cat bomber today. They found another dry-ice bomb today in their school. Since the cops have the original kids in custody, this is a brand new genius.

16. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

True story:

During my senior year of high school, four boys (all who I knew very well) decided to "bomb" our Band teacher's house as a prank because they didn't like him. The pipe bomb they made was more powerful than any of them realized and minutes after they hurled it out of the car while driving by, the house was up in flames.

This all happened about 9pm and luckily half the house was saved. The part of the house that burned down included their 7 year old daughter's room. Luckily, though, the girl hadn't done all her homework that night so she was still in the living room finishing it up, otherwise she would have been in bed sleeping.

Three of the boys were sophomores and after they were expelled, they all moved in seperate directions to live with relatives because no school in the city would accept them. The forth boy was a senior but because he had already completed the state requirements for HS graduation (this incident happened in February) he was still able to get his HS diploma. Incidentally, had he actually been allowed to attend the graduation ceremony, he would have been valedictorian. The upside, I guess, to all this is that I got bumped up from 4th in my class to 3rd. The "Top 10" was thus renamed to "Honor graduates" because "top 9" just doesn't have the same ring to it. He also managed to get his probation transfered to California where he started attending Standford on a full scholarship.

I have no idea why I wanted to tell this story. I don't know how the 3 younger boys faired, but this senior was obviously very intelligent and even with his punishment (expulsion and 5 years probation) it didn't seem to damper his life one bit.

17. Eric Mitchell

Eric Mitchell Stunt Coordinator