What's new

To which level have you calibrated your speakers? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I have all my speakers calibrated to 85dB when the A/V receiver is at 0dB master volume. What about you?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
FYI:

AVIA & Sound & Vision HT Tuneup DVD test tone use -20dBFS noise so playback should be 85 dB.

Digital Video Essentials, the original Video Essentials, Dolby Labs DD-EX and the AV Receiver's (internal) test tones use -30dBFS noise so their playback should be 75 dB.

I use Dolby Labs DD-EX Test Tones which includes a dedicated LFE test tones and my HT speakers are REF Calibrated @ 75 dB / LFE @ 77 dB (swing 76 dB to 78 dB)

Phil

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Phil Iturralde,

Hi, Just curious were did you get the Dolby Labs DD-EX Test Tones I would be interested in getting them myself
:D

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
If I understood my manual correctly (Integra DTR 6.4) when using the internal test tones, they rise to Volume level 82/0db (I can select the scale for the display in the settings) by themselves, so I calibrated each channel with my Radio Shack SPL meter without setting a master volume. I assumed the master volume was determined by the test tone generator, though now I have my doubts. It sounds fine to me, but from what I've read, I don't know if I did it correctly. I haven't been able to find either DVE or Avia locally so I resorted to the internal tones. It's a temporary setup anyway, but for future reference, how should I proceed?

BTW, it was my first time calibrating a system. I used to rely on my ears in the halcyon days of stereo.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Yes, it has **dedicated LFE test tone - w/two options, summed w/any one of the surrounding HT speakers or just the LFE test tone alone, which I use to REF Calibrate my SVS 25-31PCi! :D

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks