What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Tj Hooker Seasons 3- dvd (1 Viewer)

jasonBRN

Auditioning
I would buy all of the remaining seasons of tj hooker (seasons 3-5) on dvd. It was the best cop show ever and with william shatner and boston legal coming out in may, the timing couldn't be better. Everybody should email tvshowsondvd.com to findout more info or tj-hooker.com. Let's get this shows entire run on dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattHR

Screenwriter

...and without it we'd never have NYPD Blue or The Shield, what with it's groundbreaking style and influence. Why William Shatner received his Emmy for Boston Legal and not TJH is one of life's greatest mysteries.

TJH is to The Shield what Matlock is to Law & Order; what Gilligan's Island is to Lost; what The Gong Show is to American Idol (OK, GS and AI aren't that different); you get the idea.

I also like TJH, for its camp appeal, and would like to see the rest of the series released on DVD. It may be your favorite cop show, but the best? That's certainly subjective and open to debate.

And on that note...let the thread crapping begin!

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

There's little debate that an Aaron Spelling show and the term "best ever" should NEVER be together in the same thought.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if I should answer in this thread, as noted, there is another, but until this thread gets deleted - more TJ Hooker, please.

I loved the first two season set already released, and with James Darren along for the ride, seasons 3 and 4 will be much better. I'm especially interested in season 5, as I never saw the series after it switched networks and went to late night. I want to see how they handle the Stacey romance with the older James Darren.

JeffO

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

The last thing I feel this world needs is another release of The Simpsons or Friends. But I keep that to myself because I know others may be interested in it.
Too bad everyone else doesn't feel the same.

As for More T.J. Hooker.
Bring it on Sony!!

MattHR

Screenwriter

I agree. My comments weren't intended to crap on TJH. It's just hard to resist taking a shot at Shatner when the opportunity arises.:D I'm also hoping for more TJH releases to be released.

You can tell from the want list in my signature, that I am a fan of shows with high "camp" appeal, at least by today's standards. I have also said many times before, that I love collecting these shows from my youth. They bring me back to a time and place, much easier to deal with than the real world of today. I've also discovered they're a great stress reliever, a sort intentional regression. After a bad day, nothing hits the spot like a dose of The Dukes of Hazzard or Charlie's Angels!

While these shows don't have the same level of production values or contemporary appeal of today's shows, they do appeal to the inner child in me. When I watch them today, I remember the feeling I had when I watched them as a child, and to me, that's what it's all about. Why else would a grown man own The World of Sid & Marty Krofft?

However, I do enjoy some of the current shows on today like 24, The Sopranos, The Shield, Monk, Prison Break and Lost. Thank God for TV-on-DVD, since I absolutely despise all the so-called "reality" crap that has taken over network TV the last few years.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I agree!! Don't worry Matt. No offence taken..
It's all good here in TV Land!!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.