What's new

Tivo subscription question (apology) (1 Viewer)

Sheena

Auditioning
Sorry. Should have been more specific. What I meant was in the stores they say things about how you have to pay monthly for Tivo and online I read that they offer a lifetime subscription thing. Just wondering how this works, how much it runs, etc. I just don't want another automatic payment to be tied to my credit card. And a lot of eBay things say that they offer lifetime subscription.. wondering if this is legit and for real or what.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Yes, there's a lifetime subscription. It's for the life of the individual TiVo unit and costs $249. Otherwise the service is $12.95 a month.
You can start out on a monthly basis and later switch to a lifetime. However, the monthly payments to date are not credited toward the $249 fee.
Answers to this and other basic TiVo questions can be found at the TiVo website:
www.tivo.com
M.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Also, I believe that TiVo has stopped offering the lifetime subscription for DirecTiVo owners. This doesn't affect current DirecTiVo owners and any future TiVo owners.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
The monthly sub for DirecTivo is dropping to $4.99 but will be free for Total Choice Premier subscribers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks