What's new

Tivo Complaint (1 Viewer)

Derrik N

Grip
It's times like these that my TiVo really pisses me off.
I'm trying to watch news when a window pops up asking if I want to switch over to "The Daily Show". Of course I don't, but my TiVo doesn't know that. And if I'm out of the room at that time, I come back to find some other news feed on my TV. I wish there was a button to suspend TiVo control.
------------------
Derri(NO "c")k

Derrik N

Grip
One other complaint. I'm watching a news segment and something interesting comes on, so I hit the 'record' button and now I have a 'Thumbs Up' on "Lou Dobbs Moneyline".
I hope these posts aren't out of line during this time.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
? The only time TiVo asks about switching over is when I programmed it to record a particular show - and happen to be on a different channel at that time.
Do you have some sort of TiVo 'suggestion' setup? You might want to deactivate that.
Plus, on each screen it gives you the choice of either recording the preselected show, or else continue watching the channel you were on.
Mike

Derrik N

Grip
I have way too many season passes, so TiVo seems to want to change the channel every couple of hours during the day. Many of the shows I record are aired many times per day.
Yes, suggestions are turned on since I am happy with the shows TiVo records for me. I just want an option to turn off the TiVo record/channel change function during times like these.
------------------
Derri(NO "c")k

Mike Lang

Stunt Coordinator
I don't get it... all you have to do is turn off suggestions and clear the days To Do list. Takes a few seconds and it won't try to change the channel.
------------------
Moderator, AVS TiVo Forum

Derrik N

Grip
It'll take more than a few seconds (you should see my 'To Do' List) :)
Also, if I want to restart my TiVo I would have to go hunting to try to reload those programs that were removed.
A single menu option to turn on/off recording would allow for stoppages of any length.
------------------
Derri(NO "c")k

Mike Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Did you know you can delete an item from the To Do list just by hitting "clear"? Killing 10 shows and all suggestions should take 30-60 seconds.
------------------

Derrik N

Grip
Yes, I did know about that option. The problem arrives when I want to resume recordings. If I've already deleted a days worth of programming, then decide to start recording in the evening, I will then need to reload all those programs that have been deleted.
------------------
Derri(NO "c")k

Mike Lang

Stunt Coordinator
That makes it even easier! Just delete a couple hours at a time (10 seconds). If you want to add something back, you can do it from the live guide without missing what you're watching.
------------------

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Depending on how you're wired up, you could put the Tivo in stanby mode and then watch your TV the old fashioned way. For instance I have my dish connected both to the TiVo and directly to my receiver, so if I want to watch something with high quality and DD, I just switch inputs on the TiVo. Of course, when I do this I sometimes find the channel changing as the TiVo all the sudden chooses to record something, so that's why you'd need to switch the unit to standby.

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
If you are watching a show you do not want to be interupted just hit the record button. If you want to watch longer go to the live guide, right arrow, down arrow, and hit record button to record the next show on the same channel.
If you do not want to interupted by suggestions, but do not want to disable them you need to hit a button on the remote every so often - TiVo generally does not record any suggestions until it has been left alone for 30 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks