What's new

TitanTV any misreports? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have been to TitanTv and I have found all my local channels and this is really great, but It is saying that here in Santa Fe the albuquerque NBC Digital Station does not have shows in HD, when I am sure that they do. Why is this? Have you had problems of Titantv doing the same with your channels? Thanks!

Are there other web sites out there that are like TitanTV where I can get my local channel lineup and if the program is in HD? Thanks!

Tim K

Second Unit
It seems that TitanTV is accurate. Check out KOBTV's "about DTV page". They broadcast digitally, but have ceased HDTV broadcasts until next summer.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?cat=KOBDT

"KOB-DT currently provides digital programming 24-hours a day as standard definition television. We will return to full-time HDTV programming for central New Mexico in Summer 2004 with primetime programming and sports from NBC, including the 2004 Summer Olympic Games."

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Just called them today, and it turns out that they just borrowed a HD tower for the Olympics and they will not be up and running full HD until Summer of 2004. That is really misleading advertising, but I guess I can be happy with PBS, CBS, and ABC every now and then. Thanks!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I usueally check out TitanTV on a daily basis. They are pretty accurate for the most part, but I have seen everything from DT stations listed as "live" that were not up and running, "go live" dates that were inaccurate as well as broadcast formats that were incorrectly listed. Titan claims that they get their information directly from the stations, so maybe they get a knucklehead on the line every once in a while, or they are working off out-of-date information. I still think it's the most comprehensive programming guide.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Well I am new at this HDTV stuff, and I made a HUGE assumption that is a station was Digital that it was a given that they were showing all their available shows in High Definition!

This was a HUGE disappointment when I found out that I will not be seeing all 8 channels that are DTV stations their shows in High Definition.

I just bought a HDTV receiver($450), antenna($60), and all cables to go with them ($100) and I did it all to watch 3 channels have a few shows in HD! (CBS, ABC, and PBS) When I thought I was doing it all to watch 8 local channels in HD.

Now I am really wondering if I should spend around &600.00 per year to get the basic DirecTV pkg with the HD pkg. then it would increase my channels in HD to 7 (CBS, PBS, ABC, DiscoveryHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, ESPN HD.) But that is freaken $600.00 bucks a month!

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks