What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Tired of that abs freak John Basedow (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Don't you love how these commercials air every 2 minutes, or how he always turns his body 45 degrees to the camera for the ultimate ab ripple effect!!

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Its kind of a house hold joke at our hose. ill be walking across the living room, and say to my wife or kids (while doing the ab turning 45 degrees)

"Look Im John Basedow" (and muffle my voice kinda nerdy)

Oh great fun. I hate that commercial, and even worse i hate the fake fire inthe background.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
In general, the people you see on TV pushing a product were more or less born with the body you see. I could use their product all day long and still remain trapped in my less than perfect body.
I'm tired of him also, and I've never even see the infomercial!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, they get lucky in the gene pool of life and make a lot of money making the rest of us feel inferior and inadequate. :thumbsdown: :angry:

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Well-
I had the dubious pleasure of playing John Basedow in tennis when we were both in high school (we took lessons at the same tennis facility on the South shore of Long Island). Although he was two years younger than me, he was an unusually small sophomore. I am unsure if he advertises being an endomorph or an ectomorph, but he certainly looks better than I do today!

PS He was an ok tennis player at the time.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I have no idea who this guys is, but most of you sound like a bunch of jealous haters! :) His abs look great, and I'm sure he had to work his ass off to get them. It's easy to tell yourself that he was born with them or his genetics are responsible for the way he looks. I don't care if you are an endo, ecto or meso--in truth, almost anyone can have great abs. He just has the dedication that most people lack, that's all.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Now maybe some of you guys know how women have felt for decades! ;)

Imagine if we (Men) were bombarded with the "image" that women have dealt with and are still dealing with on a daily basis.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Michael- hah never thought about it that way. I'll only venture to say that your assesment is half true, I really hate his commercials because they're tacky and on EVERY single day. It's nice to see an Arnie ever so often to remind me I need to get off my lazy ass and work out again.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hes got an awesome build... except for that pencil neck of his :D He really needs to do something about that to. And I never bought the genetics is everything line. I grew up chunky and one day did something about it and before I knew it I was doing the "John Basedow 45 degree turn"! Of course no Im back to softness, but that was purely a conscious decision. ;)

Luis S

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, he's no where near as irritating as Tony Little and his Gazelle exerciser. I just want to yank that pony tail of his.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Dave,

As soon as I saw your name as the last to post under this thread - I thought for sure you had your mug on this dude's body. Oh well...:frowning:

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Dave, too effin' right! :emoji_thumbsup: Basedow may be annoying, but Tony Little was seizure-inducing :D

That said, I always get a chuckle out of people who sell ab-related paraphernalia.

Take it from someone who struggled like a maniac to get the much-coveted "six pack" look, till I realized that the KISS rule applies here too:

Crunches are all you need. Throw in reverse crunches for your lower abs, and you're all set. If you wanna get fancy, do twists or side bends (WITH NO ADDED WEIGHT, or you'll wind up with overly-developed obliques that will look just like love handles, and which will never go away).

The exercises required to tighten your abs, are no big secret. The real trick is eating right. You could have the most developed abs in the world, but you won't see them if they're hidden under a layer of fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks