What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Tina Fey's "30 Rock" season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This was laugh-out-loud funny again this week. I think this show is a riot. It will be a crying shame if it doesn't get renewed for next season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another funny episode last night with Lemon getting up in arms about being called "The C word" (episode title). Loved her getting back control "Sugahbakuh" style, while being too exhausted from being "too nice" and letting the crew go home while she slaved away all night writing the show.

Kenneth on the golf course killed in 2 quick scenes.

You'd think the pairing of Jack and Tracy wouldn't work, but it does.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It was good, there were laughs to be had, but I felt like this was a breather ep in that there just wasn't enough stuff moving at once and a lot of it was predictable (Tracy not having a daughter, the videotape jamming in the VCR for instance). Also, Liz was shown to be a real *unt, which seemed a bit out of character (especially the mean put downs which, while funny, didn't sound right coming from her).

Still the male equivalents of *unt and Tracey's Carlton reference (and Jack over-explanation of it) were pretty damn funny.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Funny as always, but yeah, character development is erratic. I previously never got the sense Liz was that evil a boss, and Tracy swings between true in-his-own-world buffoonery and calculated it's-all-an-act intelligence. I don't know what his character is.

Runt!

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator

Tracy's character is growing on me. As mentioned above, whether it is an act or Tracy Jordan's true perzonality, not knowing makes it bizarre and fun to watch.

As for Liz being a mean boss, that was kind of out of the blue. I'm not sure I really bought into that. I'll need to think on it, though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The DVD release of season 1 is listed in the Bits' Rumor Mill as coming in September. Not a huge shock, since virtually all current TV shows see their previous season released in September, but I'd say this increases the odds the show gets a season 2. Well, let me clarify: The DVD release is from Universal; NBC makes the decision whether or not to renew. So I'd say - if true - that Universal is reasonably comfortable that there will be a second season. NBC and Universal happen to be part of the same larger company, so... you never know who overheard what in the cafeteria.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
is this show's ratings that bad that a season 2 isn't a sure thing? i mean there's 2 things to look at right? 1) this show's ratings and 2) NBC's other shows' ratings...?

tongiht's episode was another great one. Jordan continues to make me laugh, Liz just gets funnier and funnier. the whole "i'm not a racist" angle, i remember them using it in a few Seinfelds, but 30 Rock is taking it to new sitcom lengths.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why did Lemon refer to herself as Lynn when she first spoke with Stephen Black?

Overally, funny episode. Jack's nasty swill was killing me ("my tongue is killing me").

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Best news I've heard all (TV) season!

I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I find myself talking TV with people, I push this show. "You mean you haven't seen it?" "Oh man, this is the funniest show on TV!" Etc.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I do the same thing, but now all my friends (who say they have "lives") wait for the DVDs to come out. Since none of us are Neilsen families it's hard to argue with that logic.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm so glad this will be back. I've especially enjoyed Liz's search for love - there's something especially cute about her when she's lovestruck.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Man, when that dude spit in her mouth... that was just the most hilarious thing I've seen in quite some time.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was ready to throw up.

Is it just me, or has Tina Fey gotten better looking the last few episodes? Did something change with her?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think she's looked the same all season... with the exception of a few gags, i think the past few episodes have not been as good as the earlier ones. maybe it's just me :P

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

That was one of the most digusting things I've seen on TV and yet it was funny. Tina Fey's reaction was great.

I'm pretty new to the show and find that I'm enjoying it. Normally I don't watch much on Thursday nights but I'll keep an eye on this one.

Biggest salute to Cleveland since "The Drew Carey Show".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.