What's new

Tina Fey's "30 Rock" season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Howard Stern fans can testify, you only got the tip of the iceberg of that particular bit.
The Tracy Morgan interview is probably the single funniest hour [to hour and a half] of The Stern Show since he moved to Sirius, and that's saying something.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This was a highwater mark for the show. It was consistently funny and occaisionally guffaw inducing. The funniest half hour this side of The Office. The "Rurruhr Jurr" bit was totally hilarious. Baldwin was hysterical as usual. And I've always liked Tina Fey anyway, but I feel she's really dialed in to the character now (I know she's essentially playing her self but, eg it took Seinfeld a couple of seasons before he was Jerry the character and not just Jerry the comedian). Tracy trying to come up with stories for Conan was also hilarious. Even Pete with the wig was funnier than most sitcoms.

30 Rock has moved past Earl for 2nd most anticipated sitcom. Gonna have to show me a lot more before it can move past The Office.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the 2 hour NBC Thus night sitcom block is laugh track free? Back in the day, Cheers, Cosby, Frasier, et all had laugh tracks.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Another favorite line, "This is..... He is vice president of locomotives".

And has everyone tried the Alec Baldwin phone call thing? VERY VERY funny.

30rock.nbc.com

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When the Thursday lineup was announced there was a promo emphasizing the point. I don't know if they're still running it...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Oops, I didn't realize they were promoting it -- I skip commercials and promos. I do realize that because they are all filmed on location and not taped in studio, there's no way to have a laugh track. Man -- it must be hideously expensive.

It was nice to see Chris Parnell as Dr. Spaceman. It reminded me of the Asswipe sketch from SNL with Nicolas Cage (that's Az-Wee-pay).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show has improved a lot since the first few episodes. I still say Tina Fey adds nothing and needs to go though.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm not saying she can't be involved in the show...just get rid of her character. I'm sure she won't mind. ;)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
To each his own, I suppose. Alec and Tracy ARE the show in my eyes. As for the "slob writer" I agree he is pretty much useless...which is too bad because the actor who plays him Judah Friedlander can be very funny.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Tonight's episode was the best they've done, so far. So many great, LOL, moments.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Everybody but Alec Baldwin is a useless character.

That said, when the Beeper King walked into the Dateline child predator house with the balloons I just about pissed myself.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

This is not a joke. I had someone tell me he would be on, and I don't normally catch Stern, but made the effort in this case.. and I laughed my ass off. I was dying as he recounted his days from SNL.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

The chemistry between Alec & Tina is pure magic, but yes - the show would be unwatchable without Alec Baldwin.

The Dateline thing was the perfect conclusion to what I feel was the strongest episode of the season thus far.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"What's the matter Lemon, did the Liberty lose again?" :laugh:

All the stuff about Condi Rice was too effing funny.

This has been overused since Conan's Emmy opening, but I loved the line, "she said she was 16, but I could tell she was really 22".

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
"You know who would love this conversation? My racist Grandfather!"

That was freaking hilarious line.

I'm really enjoying this show. I'm not sure if this has been brought up in this thread, but this show (for me at least) has really filled the void of Arrested Development. The action is quick as well as the writing, the show keeps going on a steady pace and each scene leaves you with a big laugh.

The Beeper King spilling his heart out in the the writers room had me rolling.

Paul

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great show. This past Thursday was the best yet. The Beeper King is a great character, and one that the audience would surely enjoy seeing again. But the writers have created a situation where Liz can't really be serious about having him around anymore.

I think this is the best comedy on TV right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.