What's new

Time to enter the Way Back Machine: NAD 7000X questions (1 Viewer)

Nick B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All:

While in the process of putting together a new HT set-up, I am taking stock of my old equipment. And I mean old. I have a NAD 7000X receiver, which I purchased new about a dozen years ago. I just came across my receipt...$550!!! I have no idea where I found that kind of cash back then. Probably scrimping on books and food.

ANYWAY...how good a receiver is this? Has it withstood the test of time. Of course, my only intention would be to use it upstairs in our living room for 2 channel stereo. Is it a keeper, or is it now blown away by entry level HK or other brands of receivers? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Hi,

I still use an 7140 NAD receiver as the pre-amp for my 2 channel listening in my HT.

As long as your NAD is still functioning correctly it will provide a solid 2 channel base for a stereo only system.

There are very little entry level 2 channel receivers available today, I think only Denon, and HK have a 2 channel receiver. Of Course NAD still offers a pretty comprehensive line of 2 ch. integrated amps.

I'd keep it.

Lyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks